+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10,000 Members at the FORT

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    John is great, but the excellence and popularity of FORT is also due to the mods and writers like you, Fluff, DG, LG, Snowflake Girl, Paulie, Sher, Eny, Greenie ... actually, can I take it back about Paulie? Just kidding!!! To the Big Guy and to all of you mods and writers

Not to forget the many special members!

A big

John, the mods, and the writers on this forum are second to none. I am always amazed at the talents of the writers and impressed with the fairness of the mods. This is without question the most professionally run forum I've ever visited. I am also continually amazed at the supportiveness, compassion, friendliness, and eloquence of my fellow members. Pat on the backs all around
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    Anyone want to fathom a guess how long it will take us to get to 20,000?
    My guess is about 3 months... that's about 100 new members a day- which is, i think- pretty close to what's coming in now...

However- I know my Mother lurks on this board- and there will be one less if/when she figures out who i am- Quinn will be checking out...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quinn

You need to block the site from her computer or something.

It has been a wild year, that's for sure. But I'm so glad to see the success of the FORT!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Princess
    Damn. I've been monitoring the number of members for several days and yet I missed the 10,000:th .

It's slowed down a little right now because of the lack of post-worthy shows. But when we're in a "high", we can easily see 130 new members a day. Right now, we're down to 30-50.

We officially opened our doors on September 15, 2002, and I'm continually amazed that other people enjoy the site besides just me and the mods & writers. I distinctly remember the "I can't wait until we hit 100 members, so it doesn't look like it's just us posting!" conversations.

I remember seeing 9,999 members yesterday, I knew it was close! Congratulations FoRT!!!

Rab
    Yeah John it is pretty sad when people register to the boards but never bother posting. What's up with that? Well I guess the good news is this place is very well known. Congrats!

to the FORT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    A big

John, the mods, and the writers on this forum are second to none. I am always amazed at the talents of the writers and impressed with the fairness of the mods. This is without question the most professionally run forum I've ever visited. I am also continually amazed at the supportiveness, compassion, friendliness, and eloquence of my fellow members. Pat on the backs all around
    Amen to that!

10,000 members already? Holy Cheese and Rice! I can't believe that you guys just started this board a year plus ago!

I know I'm addicted! *slack jawed, drool streaming down chin*

You know you spend a lot of time at the FORT when you refer to it in conversations with the "3 dimensional people" in your life! You also know you're addicted to the FORT when some of the FORTers become 3 dimensional people in your life!

Is reality television becoming our Star Trek? Where are our plastic, pointy ears? Who's gonna dress up as John on Halloween?
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I would guess it would happen in half the time it took to reach 10,000.

John is great, but the excellence and popularity of FORT is also due to the mods and writers like you, Fluff, DG, LG, Snowflake Girl, Paulie, Sher, Eny, Greenie ... actually, can I take it back about Paulie? Just kidding!!! To the Big Guy and to all of you mods and writers

Not to forget the many special members!

And don't forget Wayner. We love you Wayner!

This place rocks! 10,000 - woo hoo!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast