+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Comic Strips?

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Oh, lovely. Thanks for the heads-up, guys. Now I'm really looking for the day I get out of college. :rolleyes

But in the meanwhile I think I'll stick with Sinfest. The Bloom County of sex and religion. That God/Morningstar/puppets schtick is genius.

Why, oh why isn't it syndicated?!
    Just try to steer clear from large, souless companies that try to quash any semblance of individuality or creativity from its nameless, pitiful drones. Then you'll do fine Personally, I only lasted 2 months in aforementioned enviroment.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    "Gilligan of Gilligan's Island had a first name that was only used once, on the never-aired pilot show. His first name was Willy. The skipper's real name on Gilligan's Island is Jonas Grumby. It was mentioned once in the first episode on their radio's newscast about the wreck." Cliff Claven
    and the professor's name is Roy Hinkley

Oh, lovely. Thanks for the heads-up, guys. Now I'm really looking for the day I get out of college. :rolleyes

But in the meanwhile I think I'll stick with Sinfest. The Bloom County of sex and religion. That God/Morningstar/puppets schtick is genius.

Why, oh why isn't it syndicated?!

Nausicaa, I totally agree with Amandag and Stargazer. Like I told Pinkie in another post; I work for a large corporation and for every Dilbert striip you look at and say "What the f***?"; I look at it and say "Oh yeah that was just like when so an so did..." If you can manage to steer clear of that situation and make a living go for it.

I do have to admit though, that being a faceless drone allows me to afford the nice house I'm sitting in and the cable internet connection that Im using now.

OK I'll admit it. I'm a whore! At least they don't make me wear a tie aymore.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

do high-tech office workers worldwide really find their own workplaces to be such ...well, poisonous environments?
    as a high tech worker, who has seen other occupations in the past... the answer is :

ABSO-Freaking-Loutley.

Dilbert and the movie 'Office Space" will tell you everything you need to know about high-tech occupations.....
    uh, yeah.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Dilbert and the movie 'Office Space" will tell you everything you need to know about high-tech occupations.....
    uh, yeah.

I second that. As far as "poisonous environments" - why do you think I'm at the FORT so much during the day? It helps me retain brain cells
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by FINALLYHERE
    I second that. As far as "poisonous environments" - why do you think I'm at the FORT so much during the day? It helps me retain brain cells
    becides, who becides professional geeks could legitimately be on here without fear from their bosses? (not that our bosses can tell the difference between a computer and an etch-a-sketch anyway).
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I think Garfield, Peanuts, Baby Blues are all classics. They are all my favourites !

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    I think Garfield, Peanuts, Baby Blues are all classics. They are all my favourites !
    All the older Garfield dailies (the 80's) were funnier. Now Garfield just sucks when the fat cat and Jon do nothing but stand around and move their mouths.

Pickles, Zits, and BC are my favs.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Well... I would still support Garfield. I always like to draw it out too !

Princess
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    (not that our bosses can tell the difference between a computer and an etch-a-sketch anyway).
    That was a great strip, senrik! Yes, nausicaa, it's is alll true. Several of the strips are actaually based on stories ppl have sent him - he published a bunch of those stories, and you just can't believe what you read!

Cool to see that some others have found Zits as well . Pinkieparrot, Rhymes with Orange is great!

PS: I can't stand Garfield

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast