+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Comic Strips?

Snowflake, this thread reminded me of that scene in Season 3 of Buffy when the Mayor is with Mr. Trick and that assistant, Alan. The Mayor says that PJ's becoming quite a handful, Mr. Trick says he likes Marmaduke because no one tells him what to do, then Alan blurts out,"I like to read Cathy!"

Sorry about my ranting. I used to love Garfield...TV Show and comics.

Originally posted by Mdrio9
    Snowflake, this thread reminded me of that scene in Season 3 of Buffy when the Mayor is with Mr. Trick and that assistant, Alan. The Mayor says that PJ's becoming quite a handful, Mr. Trick says he likes Marmaduke because no one tells him what to do, then Alan blurts out,"I like to read Cathy!"
    You're so right, Mike. You know that's my favorite season too!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Baby Blues and Far Side
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

My favorite cartoons are Donald Duck & Garfield :-)

Unfortunately I've learned that Donald isn't as popular in the STates as he is back home, cause everytime I go to Disneyland looking for Donald Duck shirts & other trinkets there is none!! (Just mickey!!) Whazzup with that? (Of course, it probably saves me money.)

So far I've gotten an antenna ball & a donald duck plush toy ... sadly without a Donald Duck t-shirt hehe

Anyways... those are my fave's :-)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

My favourites are now defunct. Calvin & Hobbes & The Far Side
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Far Side "Down with Wayne" comic strip

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    Dilbert and Far Side are my favs - though I did always like Opus and Bill the Cat in Bloom County.

The other day my boss tacked a Far Side up on my wall. It was a picture of a bald guy with a mustache (who looked a little too much like me) looking out his window. Outside was an angry mob holding signs that said "Wayne must go!" "Down with Wayne!" "Wayne is a Nerd!" "No more Wayne!"

The caption said something like "The world was going down the tubes. They needed a scapegoat. They found Wayne."

I love it. It's perfect. I'm going to blow it up and frame the darned thing.
    My name is Wayne as well. A year ago at my last job, one of the guys I worked with posted this same strip on one of our computers. Do you have a copy of this, or know where I can get it at? I lost touch with the guy I used to work with and I stumbled on your post here today.

-Wayne

I have three of the Far Side Books and I think that particular cartoon is in the one I can't seem to locate (weiner dog art). I will keep looking. Its not in the Prehistory of the Farside or The Bride of the Far Side.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I just love Jason of Foxtrot. That's the #1 comic on my list.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

They found Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I have three of the Far Side Books and I think that particular cartoon is in the one I can't seem to locate (weiner dog art). I will keep looking. Its not in the Prehistory of the Farside or The Bride of the Far Side.
    Thanks. Let me know if you find that. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

The only comic strip I read nowadays is SinFest. You can find it at sinfest.net.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast