+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reporting a neighbors dog

Where I used to live, the neighbors labs used to use my yard as their personal potty, then run around the neighborhood getting narrowly missed by cars. I reaported them frequently to our 1 remaining underfunded Animal Control person, after trying once to talk to them personally.

They were fined a few times, but after awhile, the people at animal control just laughed and ceased to be surprised. In the end, the Freds won, we moved.

But then again, they weren't evil, they just didn't care - about anything, as taking a look at all the stuff their 4 kids left all over the yard proved. I even called city code enforcement once when they left their old Christmas tree laying outside between our houses for about 6 months.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    ......Eldee...I think you handled it the best way you could. The other thing I don't like about barking dogs, is to me it signifies neglect, and I hate people who neglect their animals!! The Animal control people in my area (or at least my city) are some of the sweetest animal lovers out there, wouldn't hurt a flea, and I've called them in the past about various things and they are (for me anyway) always likely to offer advice about all kinds of animal behavior and neighbor behavior. .....
    Thanks. You are right about the animal control lady in my area. I met her about 2 1/2 years ago when someone abadoned the best little black lab mix ever late on Friday night. The police had not record of her and she was not listed in the papers. I bought her some food and tried to go to all the surrounding vets and grooming places to see if anyone recognized her. Would you believe I got very attached from Friday 12:45 am until Monday 10:00 am when the Warden came to pick her up. Some of the vets and the Warden thought I should keep her, but I couldn't. She answered all of my questions and was very good with her. I surrended her once I felt that she would be taken care of and safe. She even had me name her. Well, I felt the lose for several months and tried to find a nice place that allowed house trained puppies, but failed. It's my understanding that a vet's parents adopted her and that she has quite a large yard to run in. I would still love to see how big and happy she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    That sucks Eldee, but you did the right thing. Deal with the loud music for a while, hopefully they will tire of it.

I'm going through a situation with my neighbours. Their daughter is this hellion on wheels. She's about 8 years old and insists on running through the halls (apt building) and opening people's doors. (We lock ours, but she's done it before and you can see the handle turning) She'll buzz every single apartment at least once a day. She will play in the parking lot and run in front of cars and then YELL AT THEM if they almost hit her. One day the little brat sat in front of the door playing with her little toys and other crap and blocked the entrance. I asked her to move and she told me there was another door that I could use... even though it was the other side of the building. I told her that I wasn't going to use it and she can bloody well move. I have no idea how to approach her parents and debate going to the landlord.

Otherwise, it's a great place to live.

Miss Filangi, you don't live in MY building do you?? There must be about 6 kids in my building between 6-10 noisy, messy, dirty... They all look alike I think they all come out the same unit... We only have 2 bedroom units, so I don't know WHERE They sleep! The problem I have is they prop the door open while they're playing outside... It breaks the door... THey're ALWAYS open... Let birds, squirrels, strays, salesmen...etc. in the building... I pay for a SECURE building and that drives me NUTS! I called my land lord and left the message "If these kids are old enough to play outside unattended, then they're old enough to have their own key!" My quote was in the next newsletter!
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Brodie... it does sound eerily familiar. Good for you for getting your quote into the newsletter.

Eldee... how is it going with your neighbours? Have they retaliated yet?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I live in a neighborhood full of brats. Luckily, none immediately near me. I'm the grumpy neighbor who yells at them, and have called the cops on a couple of them.

When we lived in Florida, we were in an apartment with people next door who would leave their 2 dogs on the screened in lanai all day long, and they would bark their fool heads off. I made it a point to stop off to the office once a week to make my standard complaint. It was only when I mailed a letter to the "head office" and CC'ed the local apartment office, that something was done and they were told to get rid of the dogs or get out.

I wouldn't put up with bad behavior like that girl in the apartment building. I'd have the super on speed dial, and let him know that your next call will be to the police, followed by the building's owner, unless you see him knocking on the neighbor's door within the next 30 minutes. He gets paid to take care of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Brodie... it does sound eerily familiar. Good for you for getting your quote into the newsletter.

Eldee... how is it going with your neighbours? Have they retaliated yet?
    Nada yet. The animal warden told me that she will go there this week and let me know what happlens. I really don't like to complain to a third party but, I did it for the dog. When I went to him directly he and his girlfriend gave me such attitude. I just don't want them touching my old car or anything else. Last fall he had some friends over and kicked one guy out. The guy was whining and knocking at his door. They were talking to each other over the phone. I don't have a peep hole but, could tell that it was only one guy. I opened the door at 4 and asked him to keep it down because I was trying to sleep. I'm the only one who would say something in my little section of four. At 8 the guy and my neighbor were screaming at each other through the door and saying some foul things. He called the police on his friend. The guy can be a hot head sometimes. All I want is for her (the dog) to be truly loved and given the time that she deserves. They never should have adopted her. She is like an accessory in that house and is cute when she is happy to see them but is a pain when she has an accident from being home for so long.

Poor dog. When I lived in St. Louis last year, my neighbors actually pulled a Newman from Seinfeld and kidnapped a dog.

Two buildings down from ours someone had a small terrier that they basically left tied up all the time. The only protection was the balcony roof above it and there was no shield from the wind. So the dog barked and barked all day and the people who owned it yelled at it and hit it. My neighbors went over there and talked to the owners, who basically said it was none of their business. They also called STL animal control, who didn't do anything.

My neighbors parents had recently moved out into the country, where they had several dogs, horses, etc. So one night they went over, took the dog, and took it out to his parents house. It is now happy, enjoys running, is cared for and doesn't bark all day.

Apparantly this was the second time this happened, but the people never came looking for their dog. They may have finally figured things out, since they didn't get another dog.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Is anyone interested in a approx 1 yr 4mo. old, black and white sweet pit bitch?

Okay, today the animal control warden left her card and a message for my neighbors to call her. I got home late and only had 15 minutes before I had to leave to go to school. The girl next door was knocking on my door when I entered through the front door. She confused me when she asked if I knew what happened this morning. It made so sense to me at first so I told her "no". Then I realized that the card was left there today even though I called before. When she/they calls the warden, I'm going to get an ear full. Anyway, why should I kept going to talk to them directly when there will be resistance and loud music? I'll be walking on egg shells tomorrow, but I don't care. It's all for the one who can't speak for herself. I would still like to find her a new home. Maybe even though she is the dog in the household, she really isn't the "bitch" of that residence. (I feel better now ) Did I tell you before that after I said something to them that I got urine on my door mat. I had a nice pungent aroma during the summer until I changed that mat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12