+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tooth Fairy and other Holiday Folks!

niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Wayner, are you the kid in school who told all the other kids there was no Santa or Easter Bunny?

Ok, here's a picture of the toothfairy pillow. Apparently they have a blue one now so that boys can get their money without getting a complex...but back in my day, pink was all you got!!

At least I don't take myself too seriously today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Wayner, are you the kid in school who told all the other kids there was no Santa or Easter Bunny?
    Actually, I lived in Iran from age 6 to age 12. There was only one other
    American kid in my neighborhood until I was 8 years old. At about age 7 or 8, this punk tried to tell me there was no Santa Claus. The second time he beat the crap out of me over it, my parents fessed up that in fact, there was no Santa. I was stunned. I didn't believe them. I said "Yeah, and I suppose you're going to tell me there's no Easter Bunny, either!!!" They were like, "Um, well..." So, yeah, the next time I lost a tooth, out came the Legos.

To this day I wonder why they didn't tell me until after the second beating.

Edit: Okay, maybe I didn't use the word "Suppose", I mean, I wasn't that well spoken at that age. Not that I am now, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    The cool part is that I still got the dollar.
    Heck, I wouldn't have gotten the dollar after a stunt like that. In fact, my dad probably would rig something "nice" for me the next morning!

I admire your tenacity, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Ok, here's a picture of the toothfairy pillow. Apparently they have a blue one now so that boys can get their money without getting a complex...but back in my day, pink was all you got!!

At least I don't take myself too seriously today.
    I'm glad you are comfortable enough with yourself to share your little pink pillow with us

Btw- No one stumps me with a James Bond character
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Speaking of Santa Claus, one Christmas when I was about 20, I worked part-time at a department store (Cain Sloans Nashville) as Santa. I worked evenings til close and Saturday & Sunday days. That ws so much fun! My sister brought her kids down and they looked at me and said "That ain't Santa Claus that's Uncle Scotty!" I only had one child ask for a baby brother/sister. My rule of thumb was never promise (unless the parents gave me a thumbs up). Many parents, after hearing what the kids asked for , would say "Great, got to buy more!"

Mantenna - LOVE the pillow. Don't feel too bad about the $1. I think we only got 50 cents or something.

Wayner - That is so funny... however, you do know that whatever you did to your parents your kids will do to you tenfold.

Better get your wife to play tooth fairy, my friend.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Wayner, even if I thought something was a sham, if I was gettign money for nothing, I'd go with it.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Wayner - That is so funny... however, you do know that whatever you did to your parents your kids will do to you tenfold.

Better get your wife to play tooth fairy, my friend.
    I'll be careful. I've already made sure that the kids' rooms have nice, thick carpeting.

And Ducky, I was lucky. Even though I knew, and my parents knew I knew, they kept giving me the cash.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast