+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Riddle me this!

Quote Originally Posted by amna
    Still watch Blue Peter sometimes.Always wanted a Blue Peter badge but never got one.

here ya go.. your's if the price is right
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    I'm a big Dr. Who fan. I enjoyed the Peter Davison years, too, though. He grew on me.
    I really enjoyed Peter Davison from the BBC All Creatures Great and Small shows. It was hard to watch him as Dr. Who after seeing him for so many years in the "Tristan Farnon" role (which was so incredibly funny).
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by GrammarGoddess
    So you can make the famous Nilla Wafer Banana Pudding recipe of course!
    Wow, I didn't know such a thing existed. Thanks for the info though!
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    Wow, I didn't know such a thing existed. Thanks for the info though!
    Oh my goodness, Wenders!!! You've never had the Nilla Wafer Banana Pudding? You are seriously missing out!!! Quick - run get a box of Nilla Wafers (the recipe should be on the box) and make one! You'll love it!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

I am SO not domestic. Mac n cheese is about the limit for me....
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    I am SO not domestic. Mac n cheese is about the limit for me....
    Wenders, you crack me up! If you ever get down to Texas, I'll personally make you one!

Wenders, I am not sure about "the official side of the box" recipe, but I make a quick banana pudding that the family really loves. I take a box of vanilla instant pudding and follow the directions for making that(it takes five minutes to make ans consists of adding a packet to some milk and stiring, then refrigerating). While the pudding sets up in the frige, I get out some coffee mugs or teacup that really only get used for individual deserts. I pop a nilla waffer in the bottom of each cup and then add a few tablespoons of the now thick pudding. Then slice a banana and put 3-4 slices on the top of the pudding. Then start the layer all over again with another nilla waffer and then pudd, then banana slices. Top all of that off with a dollop of whiped cream or cool whip whichever you prefer. My kids like a banana slice on the tippy top of the whipped cream. I am sure they would be thrilled with a cherry there too. A friend of mine recently told me that you can add 1/4 cup of sour cream to your pudding and it will make it even more heavenly, but I have not tried that yet. My mom used to take martini glasses and lay the banana slices right up against the side before she put the pudding in and it looked really neat! it seemed like such a special treat in the fancy glasses. I hope that you try banana pudding soon. Use whatever recipe you like. You are sure to enjoy it!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Anyone remember Micheal Crawford(Phantom of the Opera) in an old english comedy where he was a buffoon who stuttered all the time?His wife in the show was the always suffering Betty.
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by waypast40
    Anyone remember Micheal Crawford(Phantom of the Opera) in an old english comedy where he was a buffoon who stuttered all the time?His wife in the show was the always suffering Betty.
    Yes, that show was called "Some Mothers Do Have Them" I think...something like that...ran in the UK during the mid 1970's.
    Last edited by Daddio; 04-21-2004 at 01:28 PM.

that nilla wafer recipe sounds like poor man's trifle It sounds delicious I think thats what the kids will have for snack this aft
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast