+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Riddle me this!

Um, maybe it's the long-running BBC comedy " 'Allo 'Allo". It wasn't black sausage, but they had some long-running gags with knockwurst.

The MP Spam skit is down in history as one of the funniest skits ever...So that might account for your dad's busting a gut.

A transcript of the MP Spam skit is here if you're interested.

I used to love Blue Peter too.
    I wonder who was presenting it then.
    Probably Christopher Trace.
    Hmmm, might have been after his time.
    John Noakes, Peter Purvis and Valerie Singleton probably.
    I liked those two guys but with Leslie Judd as the lady presenter.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Speaking of Dr. Who whatever happened after the end, and why did it end?

My fave "Britcom" is Keeping up Appearances I wish they did more of those. Hyacinth is my mother............

I never really watched Doctor Who Eny so I can't help you there.
    Lots of running down corridors in that show.

John Pertwee was my favourite but I also like Tom Baker.

They screwed up in casting Colin Baker as a lot of people didn't like him and the show lost some fans.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hey enygma, i love 'keeping up appearances' too.BUCKET!!!
    Never watched Dr. Who , but i still love watching shows such as 'Fawlty Towers' & "Some mothers do have em'.They're absolute classics. Still watch Blue Peter sometimes.Always wanted a Blue Peter badge but never got one.
    Fluff, I used to watch Bagpuss, button moon, choc-a-bloc, & play school religiously as a kid.

I'm a big Dr. Who fan. Not really sure why the show ended. Sylvester McCoy was able to reclaim some of the fans Colin Baker lost, it seemed, but the show lost quite a bit of steam after 25 years on the air, I guess.

Most Americans were exposed primarily to Tom Baker. At least, that's been my experience in talking with other Dr. Who fans. He's certainly the first one I saw, and he remains my favorite. I enjoyed the Peter Davison years, too, though. He grew on me. Never cared for Colin Baker that much, but at least he had Nicola Bryant on hand to look at (as long as she wasn't talking). I've seen a few episodes of Sylvester McCoy's Doctor, and I liked him. Never really saw Hartnell and Troughton, except in The Five Doctors. Pertwee was good, but he was too Earth-bound. The men of UNIT grew tiresome for me.

They had an original Doctor Who movie a few years ago on Fox. It featured McCoy's regeneration at the beginning. Julia Roberts' brother, Eric, was The Master, but I can't remember the guy who played The Doctor. Pretty disappointing entry, regardless. I think that was the final nail in the Who coffin.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I was reading the "wonder" thread, and saw that The Stump John thread was brought up for maybe John and Modesty... Thought we could start one where anyone who knows the answer can give it

There was talk of a Stump John thread in the FORTcon discussion...and I have a question, so I'm resurrecting this thread.

Why are the Nilla wafers by the bananas at the grocery store?
    Last edited by Wenders; 04-20-2004 at 06:41 PM. Reason: I dont know what a verb is
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

So you can make the famous Nilla Wafer Banana Pudding recipe of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    Why are the Nilla wafers by the bananas at the grocery store?
    Subliminal cross merchandising of course When you see the two together you start thinking about that banana pudding GG mentioned and you're more likely to buy the Nilla wafers to make that if they are RIGHT THERE waiting for you rather than having to hunt them down several aisles over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast