+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Inappropriate Commercials

This is, too, not about inappropriate commercial, just a bad one. I hate this new commercial for the coffeemaker that makes one cup at a time. So bad acting it hurts to watch it.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by FINALLYHERE
    Over the weekend I saw one that has been annoying me for a while. It's the paper towel commercial (don't remember which brand) with the liitle kid who shakes up a bottle of soda and then has it spray all over the kitchen and his mother. The mother then takes the dprayer from the sink and sprays the kid with water. She is then shown happily cleaning up the mess with paper towels.

I know that commercials don't need to be realistic, but this one is just plain stupid.
    That goes on my list with the people who pain with rollers or brushs and over fill the tray and make a mess. Also, the one with the girls who put way to much foam on their legs to shave and always cut themselves. Give me a break, I learned how to do both in Jr. High (Middle School).

I don't have a commercial to add, but I just read this whole thread and it had me in stitches! I'm not going to be able to watch any of these commercials again without laughing! I guess that's better than them bugging me, though.

Although, thinking about it, did anyone else watch the Radio Music Awards last night? Call me whatever, but I just wouldn't buy some pill that Anna Nicole Smith is pushing. With all the pills she takes, who knows if she even remembered to take this particular one! And I'm sure she didn't have a personal trainer or anything . . .
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Okay, like some others, this isn't inappropriate. Just bad. Really really really REALLY god-awful bad. So bad I want to slap the person who came up with the ad campaign, Three Stooges-style.

The Orbit gum commercials. People finding creative ways of getting their faces disgustingly dirty. Opening their mouths to reveal their white, shiny teeth. I'd like to kick those white, shiny teeth right out of their skulls. The British chick saying "Fabulous" makes me want to throw the television set right out the window.

But, alas, it's heavy. And I'm lazy. So I hit mute.

I also hate the Pearl commercial. If it's out the window, it's gone. Make other arrangments. Tampon/Pad commercials are stupid anyway. It's not like we're going to stop buying them...
    Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    Call me whatever, but I just wouldn't buy some pill that Anna Nicole Smith is pushing. With all the pills she takes, who knows if she even remembered to take this particular one! And I'm sure she didn't have a personal trainer or anything . . .
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I hate how tampon commercials seem to make you want to go surfing and horseback riding.

I suppose that's a better seller than lying on the couch and eating chocolate, though.

Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    I hate how tampon commercials seem to make you want to go surfing and horseback riding.

I suppose that's a better seller than lying on the couch and eating chocolate, though.
    No, lying on the couch and eating chocolate sounds good to me, regardless of the time of the month.

FORT Fogey
    I can not stand the commercial w/the two kids daring each other to lick the public phone receiver and chew the gum they find stuck to the bottom of something! Don't give my kids any ideas and it just makes me gag every time it comes on!!

Okay, just to make things worse--I just saw an extended version of that Mercedes commercial with the monster with even more blood-curdling screams from the wife.

I hadn't thought about it, but it really is scary! There should be some kind of regulation of that.
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

perfume commericals of all brands are just plain odd. (I know, I know, they are selling a lifestyle)....
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

+ Reply to Thread