+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Inappropriate Commercials

MRD

Re: Inappropriate Commercials

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2781068;
    Just like everything else today (boy I am sounding old) there is way too much information out there and too much happening for everything to be digested. It's a shame but I feel the world needs to stop for a few days and start over again. Give everyone a break. AS for commercials I find inappropriate- It's the male & female products whatever they are, The yelling banshee, and any commercials where the kids ae smarter than the parents with smart ass answers.
    Ever since I read this earlier, I've had that REM (I think it's them) song, I'll stop the world and melt with you, stuck in my head.

I often fantasize about getting rid of EVERYTHING I own and buying a boat to live on. No material goods except for what I can fit on a relatively small sailboat. Well one big enough for me and 3 dogs.

I'm starting to really hate any food commercials because as soon as I see one, I want the food (duh, that's the point). But I really don't need the food, so I don't want to watch the commercials either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2782401;
    Ever since I read this earlier, I've had that REM (I think it's them) song, I'll stop the world and melt with you, stuck in my head.
    Actually it's Modern English not REM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2782542;
    Actually it's Modern English not REM.
    Thanks. I was too lazy to look it up. Should go in that how lazy am I thread.

Bumping this one up.....

Today daughter had to have some more oral surgery and was feeling less than chipper when we got back home. So I made sure she was all set up on the couch in the family room.....and turned on the TV. She was flipping channels and ended up on the ABC Family Channel. This was about 1 o'clock in the afternoon. I think the show was called something like "Sister, Sister." The show was holding her attention for a bit. Anyway, then a commercial came on for that Extenze stuff.....an all-natural male enhancement product!

I am glad that she really wasn't paying any attention, and I really wasn't paying attention at first either, but then noticed the commercial and then checked to see just what channel she was on and was surprised that the ABC Family Channel would air such a commercial, since most of its audience is....um....children!

I guess they are trying to nip the problem in the bud!

I honestly thought they would only show those late at night. I really hate those male enhancement commercials!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3079648;
    I honestly thought they would only show those late at night. I really hate those male enhancement commercials!
    I used to hate hearing them (and the other questionable material) on morning radio when I used to have to drive my daughter to school when she was younger.

Even on the Disney radio station they used to have some commercials I felt were way too adult for any kid. I always hated having to answer questions about what did that mean mommy?
    Yup, with donuts!!

I am still getting those questions, and my youngest is 23. I guess he didn't listen too much when my friends and I would get together and talk trash!

lol famita, my son just sees human anatomy in vegetables and fruit all the time now! He's a teenager and a boy for sure!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread