+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Inappropriate Commercials

Re: Inappropriate Commercials

There's a Comcast commercial running where the mother is on the phone with the principal trying to get her severely misbehaving child back into school even though he's been expelled. While she's talking he's in the background putting a vacuum in the fish tank and she's saying she's calling from the new voice service from Comcast (as if that is supposed to help get the child back in school for some reason ) and lies that the child is doing much better. I guess the new phone service is supposed to hide the loud noise in the background or something (yeah, right). Then the tank breaks from electric shock and water spills out everywhere.

There are just so many things wrong with this commercial. Child being able to act this way, mother lying to school, child somehow escaping electrocution or cuts from the broken glass, and the fact that a phone service is so good that you wouldn't be able to hear a loud racket in the background.

The whole thing just irks me so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2770032;
    There's a Comcast commercial running where the mother is on the phone with the principal trying to get her severely misbehaving child back into school even though he's been expelled. While she's talking he's in the background putting a vacuum in the fish tank and she's saying she's calling from the new voice service from Comcast (as if that is supposed to help get the child back in school for some reason ) and lies that the child is doing much better. I guess the new phone service is supposed to hide the loud noise in the background or something (yeah, right). Then the tank breaks from electric shock and water spills out everywhere.

There are just so many things wrong with this commercial. Child being able to act this way, mother lying to school, child somehow escaping electrocution or cuts from the broken glass, and the fact that a phone service is so good that you wouldn't be able to hear a loud racket in the background.

The whole thing just irks me so much.

And I thought I was the only one who was irked by this one.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2770032;
    There are just so many things wrong with this commercial. Child being able to act this way.........
    I too, hate tht commercial. And I'm disgusted by any commercial that shows a child/children acting like that with an apparently helpless parent standing by. Yeah, yeah, I get that it's a commercial and situations are sometimes exaggerated and they're trying to make a point. But I guess I don't find it funny because unfortunately there are wayyyyyyyy to many parents who actually do allow their kids to act like that, or close to it, and those kids grow up as so many do today with that attitude of "I can act/say/do whatever the hell I want, I'm accountable to no one". I don't find it funny in real life, so I sure don't find it funny in a commercial.:nono
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

My least favourite child centred commercial ever was a car commercial that was aired about ten years ago. I can't remember the car, but let's say Pontiac. There's a little kid on a big wheel rolling back and forth in the driveway. Another little kid comes over, shoves the big wheel riding kid off, gets on himself and rides away, with the voiceover saying "Another future Pontiac driver". What on earth are they trying to suggest? Future Pontiac drivers are likely to be carjackers? Bullys? Jerks? Didn't make me want to buy a Pontiac (or whatever car it was). Or have a kid.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2768549;
    That is one of the WORST lottery commercials. Ever.

(but I do LOVE "I'm Yolllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaanda Vega!"
    I'm not a huge fan of rap, let alone fake rap, let alone that godawful commercial. You're right, it's DEFINITELY the NY Lotto worst ad ever. It makes me yearn for the guy who used to stand on a random podium and announce the NY Lotto jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2770140;
    My least favourite child centred commercial ever was a car commercial that was aired about ten years ago. I can't remember the car, but let's say Pontiac. There's a little kid on a big wheel rolling back and forth in the driveway. Another little kid comes over, shoves the big wheel riding kid off, gets on himself and rides away, with the voiceover saying "Another future Pontiac driver". What on earth are they trying to suggest? Future Pontiac drivers are likely to be carjackers? Bullys? Jerks? Didn't make me want to buy a Pontiac (or whatever car it was). Or have a kid.
    I remember that commercial, and whenever I saw it I say to anyone within earshot or myself even, "That's why I drive an Oldsmobile"
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

speaking of side effects on those medication commercials, how about the stuff for restless leg syndrome? they list increased sexual or gambling urges!!! HUH??? a medication will increase your GAMBLING URGE???

I've seen that too! I figure I'd rather deal with a little leg issue than start going out sleeping around and gambling my life away!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Actually sounds like my kind of medicine.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2772447;
    speaking of side effects on those medication commercials, how about the stuff for restless leg syndrome? they list increased sexual or gambling urges!!! HUH??? a medication will increase your GAMBLING URGE???
    I saw that too and thought, damn, there's one I'd NEVER heard of.

They need a different commercial for it, I see an older woman talking to her friend:

"So, I've started taking that new RLS medication and I have several new boyfriends and I'm up $345 at the track these days. My social life has NEVER been better now that my legs aren't so restless anymore."
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread