+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Inappropriate Commercials

MRD

Re: Inappropriate Commercials

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2767086;
    Maybe I should cancel my Super Bowl commercial . . .

I look into the camera and announce, "I have electile dysfunction--none of the presidential candidates arouse any passion in me "

I only watch the superbowl FOR the commercials and THAT one would get MY vote.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Newbie

I'm new on this thread - so I hope I'm not repeating everybody (didn't read every post). Gotta say - you're my new favorite people!

Anybody out there ever listen to some of the side-effects for some of these miracle drugs???

So take this anti-depressant...you'll feel better. But you might kill yourself.
    And get a supermodel body. And maybe lymphoma.
    Lower your cholesterol. And lose your sex drive.
    Sleep all night long...if it doesn't make you nervous and jittery.

What's the deal with all these rx drugs on tv anyway? Do our doctors not know what meds are available for our illnesses unless we tell them?....

"I can't sleep, Doc."
    "Hmmm. Bummer. You must be tired. Too bad there's not a pill for that."
    "But there is!!! Write me a script for this thing I saw on tv."
    "WOW!! There's a PILL for that? Nightie night to you then!"
    "Thanks, Doc. By the way...do you know a good oncologist?"

This one isn't inappropriate, but it is annoying as HELL. It's a New York lotto game commercial. The game is called "Ba-Da-Bling" and the jingle is to the tune of, "It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing." I've seen it about 12 times tonight and it's driving me crazy. Any other New Yorkers with me on this one?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by MDjedimom;2767323;
    I'm new on this thread - so I hope I'm not repeating everybody (didn't read every post). Gotta say - you're my new favorite people!

Anybody out there ever listen to some of the side-effects for some of these miracle drugs???

So take this anti-depressant...you'll feel better. But you might kill yourself.
    And get a supermodel body. And maybe lymphoma.
    Lower your cholesterol. And lose your sex drive.
    Sleep all night long...if it doesn't make you nervous and jittery.

What's the deal with all these rx drugs on tv anyway? Do our doctors not know what meds are available for our illnesses unless we tell them?....

"I can't sleep, Doc."
    "Hmmm. Bummer. You must be tired. Too bad there's not a pill for that."
    "But there is!!! Write me a script for this thing I saw on tv."
    "WOW!! There's a PILL for that? Nightie night to you then!"
    "Thanks, Doc. By the way...do you know a good oncologist?"
    Pharmaceutical companies make BIG money by dangling these drugs on tv and in other ads. It's making a nation of hypochondriacs out of us.
    The doctors get bombarded by the drug reps as well and the patient comes in and basically tells the dr. what they have and what they want and the dr writes the script.

Personally I would LOVE to see drug commercials banned. The USA is the only country that allows it.

When I was little my dad (a GP) would get all kinds of cool things with drug company names on them... lots of times they were toys. I had something with a monkey on it because the med was banana flavored.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2767812;
    When I was little my dad (a GP) would get all kinds of cool things with drug company names on them... lots of times they were toys. I had something with a monkey on it because the med was banana flavored.
    A health care system has retailiated against that and has rounded up all stuffed animals, coffee cups, pens, clocks, etc. that have drug names on them. They got several grocery carts full. They are banning that from all their clinics and hospitals and shipping the stuff to poor nations because they will be able to use the items and not care that they are ads for the drug companies. They are not allowing the drug reps to distribute anymore of that material within their health care system. I can't rememeber where this was. I want to say Minnesota, but I can't remember.

My doctor has finally learned that I willl not accept scripts for the "new designer" drugs that are very expensive, that my insurance ALWAYS questions and often refuses to pay for. I flat out ask her: Is there an older, cheaper drug that I can take instead?

And I want to know what happened to getting shots of penicillin in the office? I'd rather get a dose of penicillin shot into me at the office because it has ALWAYS worked faster than having to get the pills and take them for 2 days before they start to work.

I honestly think that all drug commercials and incentives to doctors and health care systems need to be curtailed.

And those side effects make me laugh MDjedimom. The side effects sound worse than the condition that is being treated. The worst are the side effects listed for the ED drugs. If you have a you know what for more than 4 hours, seek emergency treatment. I'm not a guy, but just the thought of that makes me want to go

Quote Originally Posted by MDjedimom;2767323;
    Welcome, MDjedimom, and yes, those ads irk the hell out of me. Particularly the allergy ones. Every possible side effect sounds like an allergy symptom, plus nausea.

And the ED drugs? Sounded like an alright idea, until it became clear a possible side effect was blindness. Or deafness. I can't imagine anyone preferring getting some to seeing. But maybe that's just me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

The birth control pill commercials, especially Yaz! They drive me nuts.
    Yup, with donuts!!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2767501;
    This one isn't inappropriate, but it is annoying as HELL. It's a New York lotto game commercial. The game is called "Ba-Da-Bling" and the jingle is to the tune of, "It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing." I've seen it about 12 times tonight and it's driving me crazy. Any other New Yorkers with me on this one?
    That is one of the WORST lottery commercials. Ever.

(but I do LOVE "I'm Yolllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaanda Vega!"

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2768008;
    Welcome, MDjedimom, and yes, those ads irk the hell out of me. Particularly the allergy ones. Every possible side effect sounds like an allergy symptom, plus nausea.

And the ED drugs? Sounded like an alright idea, until it became clear a possible side effect was blindness. Or deafness. I can't imagine anyone preferring getting some to seeing. But maybe that's just me.
    Well you know what they say about being "master of your domain" and going blind.

It's not just you, I couldn't imagine THAT being so important that I would risk heart attack, deafness or blindness for it. Wait, I am partially deaf, but I don't think it has anything to do with THAT!

+ Reply to Thread