+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Inappropriate Commercials

Re: Inappropriate Commercials

When did we decide as a society that we needed to be screamed at? I swear half the commercials are people screaming at us....maybe I'm just getting old.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2763799;
    When did we decide as a society that we needed to be screamed at? I swear half the commercials are people screaming at us....maybe I'm just getting old.
    This is one of the reasons why I tape most of my shows and watch them later. I zip through the commercials and don't have to be subjected to mostly unimaginative, stupid drivel (I did the love the Kia "Flashdance" commercial though).

I want to figure out how to connect my vcr to my box. Everytime I do, the tape comes out blank. You'd think after 6 years I would figure it out!
    Yup, with donuts!!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2763770;
    OMG I used to eat playdough.....I'm ashamed....lol
    lots of kids did (and still do) ... that's why they say it's 'non toxic' ... they know it's going to be ingested by children everywhere!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2763584;
    my mom wouldn't let me have playdough when i was a kid ... she said it would get stuck in the carpet.

so i have a couple of things of playdough in my office.
    Is there a better place for it? Do you ever mold up your boss, and then squish the crap out of him or her? Personally, I prefer Silly Putty.

The IKEA lady cracks me up! I take it to mean she figures the store must have made a mistake, and she wants out of there before they realize it. Sure, she behaves in the extreme, but it's that extreme that makes it a funny commercial. But then I myself was once in IKEA and their light bulbs were so seriously under priced, I was certain they were mislabeled, so I guess I know how she feels.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2764209;
    Is there a better place for it? Do you ever mold up your boss, and then squish the crap out of him or her?...
    i actually have a wonderful boss! and she encourages FUN in the office, which i think is wonderful. we both have bubbles and a squirt gun on our desks too.

now ... with PREVIOUS bosses, i've created their alter-ego on Sims and killed them off! it's very therapeutic.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2763770;
    OMG I used to eat playdough.....I'm ashamed....lol
    I went to school with a kid who used to eat that white paste like it was peanut butter. Well it smelled like wallpaper paste which was called wheat paste so maybe it wasn't too bad.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2763799;
    In psych class, my prof once told us that tv commercials are generally run louder than the program itself... it's not just you!

Without reading however many pages of the thread, has anyone mentioned the Bob's Discount Furniture commercials?? Those drive me nuts!

Oh, and Trojan commercials on the top-40 radio station to this day mortify me when I'm in the car with my parents.

Totally! I noticed that too. I mute the commercials because they are so loud. Thank goodness it isn't me...lol
    Yup, with donuts!!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2764246;
    i actually have a wonderful boss! and she encourages FUN in the office, which i think is wonderful. we both have bubbles and a squirt gun on our desks too.

now ... with PREVIOUS bosses, i've created their alter-ego on Sims and killed them off! it's very therapeutic.
    Yes, it can be very therapeutic. So glad to read you have a nice boss. That really makes a big difference!

+ Reply to Thread