+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Inappropriate Commercials

Re: Inappropriate Commercials

I HATE, HATE, HATE the one (Sears Book?) where the little girl wants to look at toys in the catalog with her mom when she's tucking her into bed to pick some things out for Christmas... then the camera pans around the room and it is packed to the gills already with toys. The mom says something to the effect that they're only young once. Way to push overindulging consumerism down our children's throats. How about taking her to a homeless shelter and giving some of those toys to kids who have nothing?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;2721925;
    Theres a really annoying commercial playing in my area. Its for some law firm to get you your settlement money in one lump sum, now. You see these people bellowing like toddlers in a tantrum, 'I want my money and I want it now!'. I always wish a giant cream pie would come out of nowhere and smack them all.
    Reminds me of the Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson, when he would do take offs of the commercials like Robert Conrad with the batteries on his shoulder " I dare you to knock it off, go ahead" *BAM Cream pie in the face*

or Karl Malden commercial I think it was for insurance something like "you're out alone at night and have car trouble - what will you do, what WILL you do? *BAM Cream pie in the face*

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2722483;
    I HATE, HATE, HATE the one (Sears Book?) where the little girl wants to look at toys in the catalog with her mom when she's tucking her into bed to pick some things out for Christmas... then the camera pans around the room and it is packed to the gills already with toys. The mom says something to the effect that they're only young once. Way to push overindulging consumerism down our children's throats. How about taking her to a homeless shelter and giving some of those toys to kids who have nothing?
    I Know I know - I saw that commercial and said to myself "wait until you get into the real world kid, stupid Mother, stupid commercial"
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

I absolutely HATE the Macy's commercial with all the stars decorating the store and Jessica what's her face, unplugs the tree and says: "My bad".

I hate the phrase "my bad". I think its a horrible phrase that does NOT replace "I'm sorry" or "My apologies".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My Bad - every time I hear this I want to do two things: A- SCREAM

B- Duct tape their mouths
    - The Dean Martin Show -

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2723482;
    My Bad - every time I hear this I want to do two things: A- SCREAM

B- Duct tape their mouths
    Me too. But I am even worse. I have become that dreaded old lady all the kids HATE. When someone says that to me now, I say: "does that mean "you're sorry?". It never fails to get rolled eyes, but it usually does get a stubborn, "I'm sorry" from them. I told you, I'm getting to be crotchety.

The worst is that I have several adult friends that say it and I've even said to them, "I appreciate the apology, but I'd appreciate it more if you'd use the word apology or sorry." I know, I'm a witch. I abhor that phrase so much, it just grates on me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It's a jeans commercial... Lee's or Levi's, I can't remember. This guy's pants are on the floor and you see his boxers. As he pulls his pants up, a telephone booth with a girl in jeans emerges from the ground. It is SO ridiculous. It drives me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by A11Y7;2723496;
    It's a jeans commercial... Lee's or Levi's, I can't remember. This guy's pants are on the floor and you see his boxers. As he pulls his pants up, a telephone booth with a girl in jeans emerges from the ground. It is SO ridiculous. It drives me crazy.
    I just saw that one. That has to be the dumbest commercial in a long time
    - The Dean Martin Show -

I keep seeing these ads on VH1 that are for Trojans-- a bunch of pigs in a bar, then one goes to the Trojan machine and turns into a man; I think it's supposed to be funny, but I'm not laughing, I'm getting a ewww-yuck feeling.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

There are two commercials out there now that really upset me. One is Ikea - the woman gets her receipt and checks it, and it is so low she hustles to the car yelling, "Start the car! Start the car!" because she thinks she's getting away with something. The other is a series of car commercials where the people are so eager to get a new one that they push a boulder on the car, bury it in snow where the plow will crush it, push it off the top of a multi-tiered garage. In both, the concept is that it's really great to get away with something that isn't right - cheating the store, cheating the insurance company. I recently had a mechanic at my dealership recommend that I put a rock through my back windshield because the heating wires didn't all work and tell the insurance company it was vandalized. Am I the only one who sees this as a decaying of our moral values?
    Count your blessings!

not only you Gutmutter - I think the same as you.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread