+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Inappropriate Commercials

Re: Inappropriate Commercials

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2600104;
    There's one for BK's 99 cent whopper. There is the dad, the regular whopper and the son who's now selling for 99 cents and the dad burger says that the girls will really be all over the son now at that price. Then he gives him a napkin and says: "here's an extra napkin, put it in your wallet". Actually it was kind of funny, but just not real appropriate for a food commercial or at a time when kids can watch.
    There's another one in that series of BK 99 Whopper ads that's equally inappropriate for the children's viewing times. The one where the dad comes home to find the house full of hard-partying people at the party the son threw in his absence, and when Dad asks the kid where his sister is, he says she's upstairs with his friend. Dad rushes upstairs and throws open the door to daughter's bedroom and finds her on the bed with son's pal 99 Spicy Chicken guy, with their arms around each other. Smarmy Spicy Chicken guy smirks to Dad that "hey, she was hittin' on me!".
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

LG.

I actually like the Snickers "Feast" commercials. Of course we're partial to Vikings here in Minnesota though.

Burger King has been creeping me out for years. First the pervy King is showing up in people's bedrooms, and now we're having teenage sex talks with burgers. Eewh.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;2600180;
    ITA. :Are those ad people on crack or what?
    No they're just really bored out of their minds, so they come up with these stupid comercials.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Burger King seems to be a popular one in this thread. Has anyone seen the latest ones where the psycho moms try to run the Burger King dude down in their minivan? I mean, what the hell is that about?!

Attempted vehicular manslaughter doesn't make me want to run out and get a cheeseburger, marketing people.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I actually like that one. The king annoys the hell out of me and I want to see him run down. (I don't like Burger King so it wouldn't make me want to go buy on anyway)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I like it too...I say...run over that damn King!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Well, I'll tell you, I've spent many a night this past year over at my parents house, to keep my Dad company. When we watch TV together, without fail, the commercial with the "four hour erection" warning will play. Even at age 51, I get soooooooo embarrassed, I just cringe. Don't know how he feels, because I'll sure as hell never ask!

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2711706;
    Well, I'll tell you, I've spent many a night this past year over at my parents house, to keep my Dad company. When we watch TV together, without fail, the commercial with the "four hour erection" warning will play. Even at age 51, I get soooooooo embarrassed, I just cringe. Don't know how he feels, because I'll sure as hell never ask!
    Whenever my folks are over and that commercial comes on, we all start laughing.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2711722;
    Whenever my folks are over and that commercial comes on, we all start laughing.
    That's so cool, gabriel. What can I say, we're Irish, and the Irish believe sex is only a sin if you enjoy it. That pretty much explains it.

Theres a really annoying commercial playing in my area. Its for some law firm to get you your settlement money in one lump sum, now. You see these people bellowing like toddlers in a tantrum, 'I want my money and I want it now!'. I always wish a giant cream pie would come out of nowhere and smack them all.

+ Reply to Thread