+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Inappropriate Commercials

FORT Fan

Re: Inappropriate Commercials

Heads-up on Dairy Queen - I went to their website and filled out their response form to indicate my feelings about their new sexually-oriented commercials. There's a glitch (on purpose or not) that won't let you submit your comment. Continual pop-up saying "please select your country" even though the country has been selected.

I agree with the comments about the clothing-- I've seen young girls (6-12) walking around wearing shirts that read "Boy Toy" "Your boyfriend would rather be with me" and a lot of things I'm not sure I can post here. I've taken my young niece shopping for clothes from time to time, and can't believe the styles... waaayyy too low cut dresses, thong underwear, shorts with provocative stuff written across the butt, basically everything being hyper-sexualized. Totally inappropriate, IMO. Also, when at the state fairs, I've noticed the young kids there for the cheerleading competitions who walk by often have a full face of makeup. When I did cheerleading as a kid, a touch of glitter or a paw print on the cheek was about all you'd ever see. Recently you see girls now wearing a full face of makeup for everyday stuff more often, too.

It is a good thing I'm childfree, because if I had a daughter she'd inevitably hate me, as there is NO WAY this stuff I'm seeing would ever be allowed (not to mention, no cell phones or other such things)!!

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930;2448482;
    Heads-up on Dairy Queen - I went to their website and filled out their response form to indicate my feelings about their new sexually-oriented commercials. There's a glitch (on purpose or not) that won't let you submit your comment. Continual pop-up saying "please select your country" even though the country has been selected.
    That is really odd. The other day I went to leave a comment at a KFC site and got the exact same message at the country question.

The old navy ad is obnoxious. And I agree about the DQ one too.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I cringe whenever I see the feminine hygeine commercials on Animal Planet. Kids watch those shows! It's very hard to explain what those things are to little boys, let alone very young girls.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Fanatic

I don't know if it has been posted her or not but any of the ED or herpes commercials make me crazy. Especially when they are on and my kids can hear it! I do not want to explain ED to my girls!

I don't understand the commercial where the road jumps up and wraps around the car like a cocoon. The car breaks free after a couple of tries and some very weird noises. I just don't get what is supposed to be going on.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2451711;
    I don't understand the commercial where the road jumps up and wraps around the car like a cocoon. The car breaks free after a couple of tries and some very weird noises. I just don't get what is supposed to be going on.
    Most car commercials baffle me. I don't think I have ever bought a car because I saw it on tv. But I'm not the average car buyer either.

There's one now and I can't remember it, but the way it starts off you think they are advertising something else and in the last 10 seconds do they even show or mention the car and you are left going what? I thought they were selling something else. If I see it again and can remember the details, I will repost and clear up this mystery.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Both innapropriate, AND sheer, utter HATRED: (sorry, it was just on AGAIN, and I have to vent)

That god-awful State Farm Insurance ad with the screaming little kids wreaking havoc around the house, shrieking and flushing stuff down the toilet...AAAAAGGHH!!

After a hard day, the *LAST* thing I want to be subjected to is that loud, horrific ad full of bratty screamers. And they seem to play the commercial ALL the time.

Is the ad effective? Sure is. I say "I HATE THAT AD" out loud every time its on. It makes me NEVER want to do any kind of business with that company.

I thought it was a joke on some comedy show, but it wasn't...in the middle of the day on a standard tv station
    It's a 'feminine itching' product ad, and during the voiceover, it's showing pictures of a porcupine ("the itch, ouch!), a lobster ('I'm afraid I smell bad") and a puffer fish ("the dicomfort").
    I'm so glad there were no men around when I saw this, because I don't know how I'd ever get out from under the sofa if there were
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

There's this ad which I think is inappropriate, but ironically, the commercial is about blocking TV shows so your kids can't see them.

It's a couple sitting on a couch, and then all of a sudden 'Mistress Mandy' comes in wearing a catsuit and equipped with a whip... From there, the man says that he 'enjoys' her TV show and the wife says something innuendo-ish. But as I said, it's a PSA for blocking inappropriate shows on your TV!

My brother [Who is 5] saw it, and I had to try to get out of answering his questions, "What's a mistress? And what is she holding in her hand?" *sigh*
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

+ Reply to Thread