+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Inappropriate Commercials

Re: Inappropriate Commercials

And I'm "sure" they mean weight!

just one word CAVEMEN

So, I don't think I'm a prude, but there's a couple of new DQ commercials with a waffle cone dude and soft serve gal that are "made for each other". Their catch line encourages you to "do it". There's one where the soft serve gal comes home and finds pieces of waffle cone leading up the stairs to the bedroom. Waffle dude is waiting on the bed. And there's whipped cream involved.

I just think that DQ is a family place and the adult humor is funny, but not right for daytime tv.

Maybe I'm just becoming a sour puss. Maybe I should go to DQ and get an ice cream sundae.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

You're not a sourpuss. Just having a bad day... poor thing. And an ice cream sundae is never a bad idea, if you ask me.

I don't think it makes anyone a prude to feel that some content isn't appropriate for the time of day when children are likely to be watching or when it doesn't fit with the corporate image.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2445362;
    So, I don't think I'm a prude, but there's a couple of new DQ commercials with a waffle cone dude and soft serve gal that are "made for each other". Their catch line encourages you to "do it". There's one where the soft serve gal comes home and finds pieces of waffle cone leading up the stairs to the bedroom. Waffle dude is waiting on the bed. And there's whipped cream involved.

I just think that DQ is a family place and the adult humor is funny, but not right for daytime tv.

Maybe I'm just becoming a sour puss. Maybe I should go to DQ and get an ice cream sundae.
    I don't think you're being a prude. I saw that commercial and thought it was a rather "mature" commercial especially for a place like DQ which you really want to target the kids to bug the parents to go to.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Yesterday, I saw a young child wearing a Hooters T-shirt. Guess I am a prude, because aside from the fact that I had to explain "hooters" to my 11 yr. old son, I thought that was highly inappropriate on a child.

ETA - to stay on thread, I'm not thrilled with the current Old Navy one with the models in bikinis posing provocatively around the high-rise pool.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 06-22-2007 at 10:02 AM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I object to middle school kids wearing the playboy bunny logo, but it is on everything now.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fan

I'm soooo glad that I'm not the only one who finds the DQ commercials offensive with their sexual content. Especially the "do one" command.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2448452;
    Yesterday, I saw a young child wearing a Hooters T-shirt. Guess I am a prude, because aside from the fact that I had to explain "hooters" to my 11 yr. old son, I thought that was highly inappropriate on a child.

ETA - to stay on thread, I'm not thrilled with the current Old Navy one with the models in bikinis posing provocatively around the high-rise pool.
    I was absolutely stopped in my tracks a few years ago when I saw a little girl wearing a Hooter's shirt that said: "future Hooter's Girl" on it.

I mean, what stupid, idiotic parent would BUY that, let alone, let their young girl wear it? And honestly does a parent say when the kid is 5: I want my daughter to grow up to be a Hooter's waitress.

I was just openmouthed when I saw it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread