+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Inappropriate Commercials

Re: Inappropriate Commercials

Its never good when the commercials have to be explained to you. I have been confused about that one since I first saw it. And it still sucks.:

And how.
    Okay. I'll go along with the symbolism of the forest yada yada yada....but I'm still stratchin' my head on the "...not because I can tear a phone book with my bare hands....." comment. What's that got to do with deserving a hot, juicy burger?
    And BTW....who likes there burgers hot? Not me. On the plus side of warm, but not hot.

There was a billboard add for the Austin Mini by by my train station for the longest time, they finally took it down, but it can't believe it stayed up for so long. It goes:
    The paint is still wet.
    You?
    I couldn't imagine having to explain that to your kids.

The commercials with the guy with the hole in his throat. Someone probably mentioned that already and I know that they are public service announcements but I hate those commercials. A tracheotomy commercial is really not something I want sprung on me at random moments during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by M_shelll;2429619;
    There was a billboard add for the Austin Mini by by my train station for the longest time, they finally took it down, but it can't believe it stayed up for so long. It goes:
    The paint is still wet.
    You?
    I couldn't imagine having to explain that to your kids.
    Oh yeah, and the companion one - "Cop tease". I am not terribly uptight, but these two billboards annoy me. I'm going to assume that they were all taken down because people complained.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2353975;
    I'm not so impressed with that remote alerting that there's an intruder in the car. I would have been more impressed if the car's security system went to the next logical step... give another button on the remote to give the option of emergency lockup of the vehicle doors and windows to provide a delay for the owner to walk/run to a safe location once alerted. Sure, it wouldn't work in all cases to keep the intruder locked down and ready for the police to come get him, but it would provide at least some more time for the owner to put some distance between him/her and the vehicle. And the doors/windows could only be unlocked via that remote after the emergency lockup. Now that would impress me.
    I'll take this one step further...I'd like the car to start kicking the crap out of the intruder, hog tie him and have him ready for the police to haul away... I realize there would be liabilities but...

I Is Stephanie

Oh, like those Trunk Monkey commercials that used to be on! They were for Chevy, and you'd see a monkey with a stack of comics and a flashlight, reading. Cut to car. A man shatters the window. Nothing happens. He climbs into the car. Re-cut to monkey. A light is blinking. The monkey looks at the light, groans, and picks up a crowbar. You realize that he's in the trunk of the car as he flattens the seat. Just as the guy starts to turn thecar on Trunk Monkey comes up behind him and WHAM! Knocks him out cold with the crowbar. Man, I miss those commercials. I still have a Trunk Monkey add hanging on my mirror.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Ok, maybe it isn't inappropriate, but the commercial they keep replaying that drives me absolutely BATTY is the Cingular one with the little brat who backtalks her mother entirely in netspeak over the outrageous bill. Leaving aside entirely my personal opinion of the impropriety of a kid that age having anything other than maybe the most basic, no-frills prepaid phone, just the attitude on the little entitlement princess' part... well, ok, she is a good actress I admit. I know things are different with kids today, but if I had DARED to talk to my parents like that... And that wasn't too long ago, either.

I think shes cute. Mostly because she's not my daughter. Then she wouldn't be so cute.
    Its the kid in the mini van playing cards who won't come out to play in the treehouse his father just finished building that I want to strangle. I would snatch him out of that car so fast.

OK, this one isn't a tv ad, it's a poster campaign at our YMCA... "I lost it at the YMCA". I'm not a prude by any means, but our Y usually pushes the whole "respect, caring, responsibility, etc." message. This seems a little too lewd for them.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread