+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Inappropriate Commercials

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    I hate the new Burger King commerical for a new chicken sandwich - Big HucknChicken (which is not the name of the sandwich). It's awful! It's a very slow song and it's showing a guy in a chicken suit on a dirt bike/moped.
    I hate that one too, I pretty much hate all the BK commercials and yes Muduh, he's singing possibilities. I've heard it enough to have the damn thing memorized.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    So do they say: Get on up to your NORTHERN (or MIDWESTERN OR SOUTHWESTERN OR NORTHWESTERN OR NEW ENGLAND) Ford Dealers where you guys live???
    This made me curious, so when the commercial just came on I watched it. Twice, actually, to make sure I didn't miss it. In Chicago, they don't say anything, but there's a graphic in the corner of the screen at the end that says something about getting to your local Ford dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    The Ford commercial with Taylor Hicks. If they keep playing it, every.single.two.seconds.of.ev ery.single.day .. I'll... I'll.. I dunno. I'll do something. Rip my hair out or something.
    I know how you feel. They play it ALL THE TIME!!! Get this - My mother in law stays with us a couple nights a week & watches the Novelas on the Spanish channels & the commercial was also on that channel too! He was singing in English, but the rest was in Spanish.

There's also another commercial I hate which I think is only on in So Cal. I think it's from the dept of Transportation & telling you to watch your kids. But here's what happens. It shows kids playing soccer and there's voiceover, which I don't pay too much attention too, but I think it says something about how the little girl (maybe 10 ish) is going to die today. Then the soccer ball goes in the street between the cars parked & of course she runs after it & here comes a car to hit her. They cut right before it does, but it is so close they may as well show it. It's so disturbing to me & they show it when kids could be watching. At the beginning of it, it says at the bottom how The content may not be suitable for young adults. But it's OK for toddlers?!?!?!?
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by Mudah
    misskitty, I want that little pickle doll. She's adorable. I collect things like that.
    They actually had a family of Bick pickle finger-puppets. I have their pet dog Pickle Poochie too! (sorry no photo). There was a mom and a dad and a brother as well. They came free attached to the little Crunch-em's Dill jars. I think the promotion is over now though Sorry.

And would you BELIEVE they didn't have a pickle KITTY? WTF?!! (well, you know why of course. Kitties don't want to be dill pickles.....they're too sweet! )
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

There is this commercial about an alcoholic beverage at a nightclub where all they're doing is shaking their hips one way. It's annoying yet funny to me.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    This made me curious, so when the commercial just came on I watched it. Twice, actually, to make sure I didn't miss it. In Chicago, they don't say anything, but there's a graphic in the corner of the screen at the end that says something about getting to your local Ford dealership.
    I did the same thing. Ours had a graphic that said "Tri-State Ford"

I just saw a commercial last night telling kids about the dangers of steroid use. Uh, where were these PSA's for the last 20 years?!

This commercial isn't inappropriate, just irritating as heck. I don't understand what message they are trying to send.

It's for Minute Maid 5-Alive fruit drink. It cuts from short clips of pieces of a face playing in a band, to drunken pirates drinking from tea cups, to flatware dancing on a picnic table to the heads of men driving around in little cars that crash into each other. All with irritating music changes. The tag line is something about stay alive, with 5 alive. Just dumb IMO. I like the juice, not the commercial.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I agree. That's one of those commercials that has me wondering what the marketing folks have been sniffing. How are ads like that supposed to convince people to buy a product?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

MRD
    Have any of you seen the sprite ads running in the movie theaters before the movie? They are so weird I feel like I'm in a really bad copy of a Pink Floyd movie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread