+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Inappropriate Commercials

Have any of you seen the commercial where some announcer asks "Regretting the bad hookup you had last night? Have no fear! (insert product name) to the rescue!" or something in that vein, and it is specifically talking to men only. Not sure why I know that, and not sure still what the product is. (The male version of feminine wipes? An anti-cootie pill?) I thought I was watching a spoof of a commercial on a Saturday Night Live episode, but no such luck. I hope my kids NEVER see it. It's basically condoning one night stands with people you find unsanitary when you sober up. At least that's the message I got.

Please one of y'all tell me you saw it!
    Go Tigers!

no snoopy but I'll be on the lookout for that one for sure! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Good thing this was brought up, im kind of tired of the "I have Genital Herpes" ads. All the talk about outbreaks...ick.
    I haven't seen this commercial (hey I'm far away in Sweden) but it reminds me of a radio commercial I heard a few years back. I was working in a shoe store and we had the radio on in the store. All of a sudden I hear a voice all over the store "Helena (my name) has fungus in her genitals". And cue the voices of a woman going crazy due to the itch. Luckily we didn't have name tags so only my co-workers knew my name, I still felt embarrassed, and mad that they stole my name. Maybe not an inappropriate commercial, but I did not like it!

This was had me shaking my head. . The tv version has a little boy opening the refrigerator to get a Bicks pickle. Unfortunately, it's told from the perspective of the pickle being real, as in kept in prison, until he is eaten and his "screams" go unheeded as the little boy pokes him with a fork and eats him.

There's a radio commercial along the same lines, which is just as horrific to me. I don't know if I can eat a pickle ever again. They've personalized them! Just picture, little Patty Pickle, held hostage in a pickle jar. Until you stab her with your fork!! Ooohh Noooo!

(this is a real Bick's pickle finger puppet)
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

KMart has a commercial this week that I found hilarious the first couple of dozen times I saw it one day. Since then, it's like nails on a blackboard.

This out of shape guy is on the floor in his house, doing excercises with a womens exercise program that's on tv. The women are all very good looking and not a one of them looks to weigh over 115. The leader of the pack is telling them what to do, and the blimp guy is doing it right along with them. Then she says "say bikini" and they all, including him, say it. They she says "I can't HEAR you" in a sing song voice and in a strangled voice he repeats "bikini". If you get a chance to watch it, once, by all means do.

misskitty, I want that little pickle doll. She's adorable. I collect things like that.

Premium Member
    I've seen the bikini one, I agree that it's funny the first time. The one I can't stand to watch is the one where the couple is camping and the woman wakes up with a ginormous tarantula crawling across her face.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    The Ford commercial with Taylor Hicks. If they keep playing it, every.single.two.seconds.of.ev ery.single.day .. I'll... I'll.. I dunno. I'll do something. Rip my hair out or something.

Another one is Carl's Jr. and the chicken walking around and how they're blacking out her "breasts". Hate it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    The Ford commercial with Taylor Hicks. If they keep playing it, every.single.two.seconds.of.ev ery.single.day .. I'll... I'll.. I dunno. I'll do something. Rip my hair out or something.
    I know what you mean. It makes me want to go trade in the 2 Fords we own for a Japanese import!

THis now prompts me to ask. When this commercial airs here at the end they say: "Get on down to your SOUTHERN Ford dealer for these exciting deals" and they show the states of Florida, Georgia and Alabama with stars all over which I presume are Ford Dealerships.

So do they say: Get on up to your NORTHERN (or MIDWESTERN OR SOUTHWESTERN OR NORTHWESTERN OR NEW ENGLAND) Ford Dealers where you guys live???

It's funny because it makes me think that they are aiming this at us to make us think that only people in those 3 states are going to get this great deal and the rest of the country is going to miss out. So run right out and buy this Ford because only 3 states are getting a deal and the rest of the country is SCREWED!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh yes, that camping one makes me cringe too, Marleybone. Not as bad as thr toenail one, but pretty bad just the same.

I'm going to pay close attention to see if they show Tennessee on my tv.
    I'm always trying to figure out if he's saying "possibilities" at the end of his song. Someone who can actually HEAR, please check that out for me, okay?

I hate the new Burger King commerical for a new chicken sandwich - Big HucknChicken (which is not the name of the sandwich). It's awful! It's a very slow song and it's showing a guy in a chicken suit on a dirt bike/moped.

+ Reply to Thread