+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Inappropriate Commercials

Now KY has a "mist" out. With two new couples who ogle each other. Ugh.

The commercial for that Hitman video game. I swear you would have to be a closet sociopath to buy the game based on the ad for it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Oh yes...the KY "mist"......ugh!!!!!!!!!!!

mitzi: Me too, I HATE the Lamisil Toe Crud Gremlin!!! And they play that thing a lot. NOW it's on the web as well. One of those animated ads that wont go away at first. :shudders:

My vote for today? The mini pad that is like a pinball machine. I may be gettin' old or something, but I remember when those types of ads first appeared on Tv, and it was embarrassing watching w/the family just to hear someone say "pad". Now they show it, and demonstrate the 'absorption' and the whole bit. Kids are not gonna have a bit of innocence left by the time they're, oh... five? Lol....

Plus, y'know, the common theme in this post is - not while we're eating, please!! Do we have to illustrate everything?!

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    The Veet leg wax strip commercials - "Are you a wax virgin?"
    Yeah. That one sucks. Luckily, I don't get a few of the others you've mentioned.

I don't like the new McCain juices commercial. A cute little boy knocks on the door of a little girl he has a crush on. He gives her chocolates. She shuts the door in his face. He gives her candy?. She shuts the door on his face. He brings her cupcakes. She shuts the door on his face. He brings her a big vase full of beautiful flowers. She takes them and THEN shuts the door in his face. Then she throws out the flowers, dump the water and fills the huge vase with McCain drink and drinks it from the edge.

Yikes. What an awful show of being rude, mean, ungrateful, selfish, and downright stupid. She could cut her lip on that vase and drop it it's so big. Bad messages all the way around IMO.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by redbird68 View Post
    OMG Snowflakegirl! You took the words right outta my mouth! I have been thinking the same exact thing about her...she's in every friggin' commercial now it seems....and I am quite sick of seeing her face as well!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed! I was starting to think I was being haunted by some Edgar Allen Poe-ish spectre only I could see, because when I brought it up to RL friends, they had no idea who I was talking about and looked at me like I was cuckoo.

To prove it, I actually started jotting down the names of commercials I saw her in: Nesquick, 3 Day Blinds, some insurance company, Relacore, MiracleGro, Lifetime Network, and of course that awful warming KY Jelly commercial! Plus many more. It's the redhead who looks like she could be related to Patricia Heaton. She's driving me nuts. I swear she's evil.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I don't like the new McCain juices commercial. A cute little boy knocks on the door of a little girl he has a crush on. He gives her chocolates. She shuts the door in his face. He gives her candy?. She shuts the door on his face. He brings her cupcakes. She shuts the door on his face. He brings her a big vase full of beautiful flowers. She takes them and THEN shuts the door in his face. Then she throws out the flowers, dump the water and fills the huge vase with McCain drink and drinks it from the edge.

Yikes. What an awful show of being rude, mean, ungrateful, selfish, and downright stupid. She could cut her lip on that vase and drop it it's so big. Bad messages all the way around IMO.
    That's funny. I came in here specifically to post about this commercial. I despise all commercials where they glorify sociopathic behaviour in children. I think I posted a few pages back about the kid pushing another kid off of a big wheel, calling him a future *can't remember name of car* driver. All I can think of when I see these things is "man, this kid needs to see a therapist".
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I guess the Veet wax strips commercial is successful because I thought I'd check it out at the local Wally World and they were sold out!

ETA: I did a search to find this thread and didn't realize it came up in the Current Events thread. Not sure why it's in this thread but if a mod wants to move it to General Discussion where the "Inappropriate Commercials" thread is that would probably be better.

This isn't an inappropriate commercial but I couldn't find one for "commercials you hate" so I thought I'd resurrect this one.

I really hate the one where Kelly Ripa uses the Tide To Go pen on her husband's shirt in the restaurant and she sings loudly. Awful.

Good thing this was brought up, im kind of tired of the "I have Genital Herpes" ads. All the talk about outbreaks...ick.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread