+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Inappropriate Commercials

The one about the gum, or breath mints (Excel? Brisk? whatever) where the guy freezes and his head falls off in his girlfriend's lap. Really, WTH is wrong with the people who make these things? It scared the bejesus out of my 3-year-old.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930 View Post
    Am I the only one who is creeped out by the identity theft commercial? With the guy sitting on his bed in his underwear and out of his mouth comes some valley girl speak about shopping?

And look, commercial maker - your commercial is so darned good that I cannot remember the bank! Ha!

It doesn't creep me out, but they should have stopped making those after the first one. I can't remember what bank it was either.

I'm not a Kirstie fan but I have to say she does look great in the new Jenny Craig commerical. I wonder how much of it was JC though and how much was personal trainer and chef?
    The rumour is a lap band procedure. Not that you'll find that admitted anywhere. And not that there's anything wrong with that, but it seems manipulative if she's a spokesperson for a diet program.

Quote Originally Posted by mitzi15 View Post
    The Lamisil commercial where the "bug" flips up the big toenail. I cringe and look away every time!

Yeah, I can't belive they keep that thing going and the one they're showing now is new. I don't know how old yor are ,but the "Yuck Mouth" commercials come to mind ,but these Lamisil commericals are worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    The one about the gum, or breath mints (Excel? Brisk? whatever) where the guy freezes and his head falls off in his girlfriend's lap. Really, WTH is wrong with the people who make these things? It scared the bejesus out of my 3-year-old.
    Ugh, and the public service announcement (which might only be U.S.) about pot. Or peer pressure. Or something. I dont even know. Anyway, it shows a girl that looks like she's deflated without bones or anything. It scares my four-year-old to death. Do they even realize how disturbing those images are to the pre-school set?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Star, are you talking about the one where the girl seems to folded up like an accordion? I didn't even know what it is about because I tune that one out It's too creepy for words.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Star, are you talking about the one where the girl seems to folded up like an accordion? I didn't even know what it is about because I tune that one out It's too creepy for words.
    Yeah, that's the one. She looks like she's just a puddle in the floor, with eyeballs and a mouth. It's really freaky.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I really can't stand that one. I believe it might be worse than the toenail one.

I hate the commercial for the MTV movie awards where Jessica Alba flips out and beats up a ton of paparazzi, and then it turns out they weren't even trying to get pics of her anyway, they were aiming for Nicole Richie talking on her cell phone. Nicole then stops talking on her cell long enough to smile and say "thanks B!***" to Jessica. I think that is totally inappropriate, especially at 3 in the afternoon when younger kids are watching.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

OMG Snowflakegirl! You took the words right outta my mouth! I have been thinking the same exact thing about her...she's in every friggin' commercial now it seems....and I am quite sick of seeing her face as well!

and yes....these darn prescription medication commercials drive me crazy too!

The Veet leg wax strip commercials - "Are you a wax virgin?" is the tagline.

Thanks so much Veet - I always wanted to be bombarded with questions about what's a virgin from 5 kids under the age of 5
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread