+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Inappropriate Commercials

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    Although, thinking about it, did anyone else watch the Radio Music Awards last night? Call me whatever, but I just wouldn't buy some pill that Anna Nicole Smith is pushing. With all the pills she takes, who knows if she even remembered to take this particular one! And I'm sure she didn't have a personal trainer or anything . . .
    I saw that commercial and thought it was so stupid. Who in their right mind would want to take the same pill crazy Anna Nicole Smith is pushing. :rolleyes And to me, it doesn't look like she's lost that much weight from taking it.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    Okay, like some others, this isn't inappropriate. Just bad. Really really really REALLY god-awful bad. So bad I want to slap the person who came up with the ad campaign, Three Stooges-style.

The Orbit gum commercials. People finding creative ways of getting their faces disgustingly dirty. Opening their mouths to reveal their white, shiny teeth. I'd like to kick those white, shiny teeth right out of their skulls. The British chick saying "Fabulous" makes me want to throw the television set right out the window.

But, alas, it's heavy. And I'm lazy. So I hit mute.

Amanda, you are one of the funniest people I've ever known!

FORT Fogey
    Again, not innapropriate, I just hate it

Its a jean commercial that first aired during the Super Bowl and theres a guy and a girl walking down the street. Then theres a stampede of buffalo and you zoom in on the butt of the jeans. WHAT IS THE POINT????? I just dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    Again, not innapropriate, I just hate it

Its a jean commercial that first aired during the Super Bowl and theres a guy and a girl walking down the street. Then theres a stampede of buffalo and you zoom in on the butt of the jeans. WHAT IS THE POINT????? I just dont get it

man, I don't either. It's completely retarded.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    I can not stand the commercial w/the two kids daring each other to lick the public phone receiver and chew the gum they find stuck to the bottom of something! Don't give my kids any ideas and it just makes me gag every time it comes on!!
    I agree that is plain nasty. When I was a kid none of us would sink that low, although I did dare my neighbor to go eat cat poop one time and she failed.

I just saw an inapproprate ad at a LIDS store the other day,the ad is for a KANGOL hat and this huge poster has a teen-aged girl in it wearing nothing but the Kangol hatand her long hair covering her "hats".I know maybe the boys that buy them for their girlfriends will have that happen to them too.PLEASE.

I can't stand that Girls Gone Wild infomercial/commercial.

I hate the commercials for...I think it's Immodium or some anti-diarrheal med. The whole campaign is based on the notion "Where will you be when your diarrhea medication stops working?" There's one with the balding middle aged guy in the hot tub with a couple of bims that wouldn't give him the time of day unless he was Bill Gates, and another with a couple of nerdy young people at listening stations in a music store, with the girl doing a spastic dance.

Like tampons, yeast infections, toe fungus, and herpes, if I need their product, I'll seek it out on my own accord. Why advertise like that? It's not an impulse buy like french fries or soda (mmmm...french fries and soda--gets distracted and eyes wander off from computer screen).
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Ok this commercial bothers me everytime I see it.

It's a diamond commercial (I believe DeBeers) where a man and a woman are loitering in what seems to be a Venetian plaza. The man says something like "I have something to tell you" then proceeds to scream on top of his lungs "I. LOOOOOOVE. THIS. WOMAAAAAAAAN"

Corny, but that's the not the part that bothers me.

The woman proceeds to go through the "Oh stop embarassing me" motions and then he pulls out this diamond and she says "I love this man. I love him I love him I love him."

I think it's the fact that the "presenting the diamond" part is such a turning point for her attitude. It's as if his screaming didn't quite get her in the "sharing the feelings" mood, she needed a diamond. Or maybe the fact that the guy knows this will get her to say "I love you".

I don't know, there's just a very shallow, superficial bitter taste left in my mouth after it.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    Ok this commercial bothers me everytime I see it.

It's a diamond commercial (I believe DeBeers) where a man and a woman are loitering in what seems to be a Venetian plaza. The man says something like "I have something to tell you" then proceeds to scream on top of his lungs "I. LOOOOOOVE. THIS. WOMAAAAAAAAN"

I don't, there's just a very shallow, superficial bitter taste left in my mouth after it.

Ugh, I know what you mean. As if women don't have a hard enough time combatting the myth that money is the only way to win them over...
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread