+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I Hate (or dislike intensely)

Re: Commercials I Hate (or dislike intensely)

The HPV vaccine (Gardasil) has proven to be dangerous and ineffective. Far higher rate of serious problems than the very small number of cancers it might have prevented, many of which thanks to pap smears can be detected early enough to cure, and many of which women can clear on their own. And it only potentially guards against 4 of 100 types of HPV viruses. It will take scare tactics for parents to request this vaccine. "They" have to shame people who raise any questions about the safety or effectiveness of vaccines. So the tone of these commercials isn't likely to change. That's why I hate this commercial.
    AZChristian likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I so agree, pik. Too many medications are released and then it is discovered that they are either ineffective, or the side effects are worse than the disease they are addressing. It's as bad or worse to deal with intentionally causing your kids to be sick by giving them a drug with no history of safety. The HPV commercial is one where I always change channels or mute it.
    I'm Paula.

Our pediatrician wouldn't give it to my daughter because it was too new, unproven, and a question of side effects. I agree that parent shaming isn't the right way.
    beerbelly and AZChristian like this.
    Count your blessings!

On the other side of the HPV situation. I currently have HPV and and have been through more procedures than I can count to make sure it doesn't turn into cancer. Luckily I am done having kids because the procedures I have had done would probably make it difficult for me to carry a child. My kids have had the vaccine. I would rather be safe than sorry. I definitely don't want my daughter to have to go through what I'm going through. JMO.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

karna, I'm sorry you're going through this. But a vaccine with major side effects that only potentially works for 4 of 100 HPV types can't be described as "safe". And too many kids now assume they can have unprotected sex and not worry about HPV. Children didn't produce this commercial, it was Merck and they aren't speaking on behalf of anyone's children. Merck wants your money. They know they have zero liability for any problems and they aren't afraid to put out a deceptive commercial.
    Gutmutter likes this.

Well, luckily my kids suffered no ill effects.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Duluth Trading Co.'s men's underwear ads
    Nothing can snap me out of a developing "frisky" mood faster than hearing that gravely, old spokesman's voice going on about
    stink - and sweat - and (Lord help me) Ball-room.
    Fanny Mare and Lindley like this.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fo'Realz? View Post
    Duluth Trading Co.'s men's underwear ads
    Nothing can snap me out of a developing "frisky" mood faster than hearing that gravely, old spokesman's voice going on about
    stink - and sweat - and (Lord help me) Ball-room.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

I agree on the Gardasil commercial. It makes me mad they are using a guilt trip to try and get parents to give in and get the shots. I, for one, have to argue with my pediatrician every time I take my kids for their physical. So stressful.

Another commercial I despise is for xfinity home monitoring. It might just be a local commercial but the mom comes home after a day at the office and she walks in and finds broken bowl and food on the floor and then they show the whole family watching what happened on the ipad. The young son tried to pull the table cloth off the table magic trick and everything went flying to the floor. The mom just smiles and laughs and tickles the boy. If this was me I'd be yelling...who left this mess, you can't leave it like this...pick it up! So irritating!!

+ Reply to Thread