+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer questions

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    CD-R media is CD-R media. You should have no problem using the ones you already have.
    Another question, oh by the way, I appreciate the help everyone, as you can see I put your names in my siggy, lol. Um, when I put the cd in the computer, will it automatically ask me what I want to record on it? If not, do i just right click on the mpg and it will give me an option to record it on the menu that pops up??

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Still, its unlikely someone has one of these around them unless they went out and purchased it....
    Actually, Nero was (supposed to be) pre-loaded on my computer when I had it built. I finally tried burning a CD 6 months later and had trouble. I wasn't fond of the XP software so I downloaded Roxio. Still couldn't. Took it back to the shop, they fixed the hardware problem and loaded Nero, saying it should have been done to start with. Unfortunately, they were kind enough to uninstall the Roxio, so I re-installed it, but can't re-register it without actually calling them, someday.... :mad:
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Quote Originally Posted by tracylee
    Actually, Nero was (supposed to be) pre-loaded on my computer when I had it built. I finally tried burning a CD 6 months later and had trouble. I wasn't fond of the XP software so I downloaded Roxio. Still couldn't. Took it back to the shop, they fixed the hardware problem and loaded Nero, saying it should have been done to start with. Unfortunately, they were kind enough to uninstall the Roxio, so I re-installed it, but can't re-register it without actually calling them, someday.... :mad:
    roxio is to warm and fuzzy for my value. always had trouble making bootable CD's with it.

and how the heck can you make a slipstream CD without it being bootable eh?
    for me its nero or nothing.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

bumping this question...

When I put the cd in the computer, will it automatically ask me what I want to record on it? If not, do i just right click on the mpg and it will give me an option to record it on the menu that pops up??

If you have windows XP you should be able to open the blank CD-R window that you can access from "My Computer" and drag into that window whatever file you want to put in it. Then when you are ready to make the CD click on the "Make CD" (or something similar) link on the side of the window.

If you don't have windows XP you should use whatever program you're using to make music CD's and look for a section that lets you make data CD's in there and from that program look for the files you want to put on the CD (it is possible that you can right click on a file to add it on a CD-R but not likely, since that would mean whatever program youre using uses shell integration). So just go to whatever program you use to make music CD's and use that program to make data cd's.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracylee
    Actually, they did have a very good reason to remove Roxio when they put in Nero - they don't get along. You can have both installed, but only the one tha was last put in will actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    If you have windows XP you should be able to open the blank CD-R window that you can access from "My Computer" and drag into that window whatever file you want to put in it. Then when you are ready to make the CD click on the "Make CD" (or something similar) link on the side of the window.

If you don't have windows XP you should use whatever program you're using to make music CD's and look for a section that lets you make data CD's in there and from that program look for the files you want to put on the CD (it is possible that you can right click on a file to add it on a CD-R but not likely, since that would mean whatever program youre using uses shell integration). So just go to whatever program you use to make music CD's and use that program to make data cd's.
    There is actually one problem with that.... some CDRoms are incompatible with the speeds of some burners... and the XP applet doesn't give you the choice of what speed you copy it at (from my recollection)
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12