+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homecoming/Grad Night themes

FORT Fogey

Homecoming/Grad Night themes

Since its Homecoming week at my school, I wanted to know some themes you guys have had. Here, the theme is Broadway. Freshman have Lion King, Sophomores - Oklahoma, Juniors - Chicago, Seniors have Grease.

So share all of your homecoming/ Grad Night stories! Id like to hear!

FORT Fogey
    That is very cool that your school does that! I went to HS in the 80's and we didn't do stuff like that. It was more different things each day and the classes got points and won things. One fun thing we did was they hid a football somewhere on campus and gave clues each day and the class that found it won something..

Rab
    A Night In Paris was our homecoming theme... and I didn't go b/c my friend from Seattle came over.

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    That is very cool that your school does that! I went to HS in the 80's and we didn't do stuff like that. It was more different things each day and the classes got points and won things. One fun thing we did was they hid a football somewhere on campus and gave clues each day and the class that found it won something..
    Just about the same here firegirl...each day of homecoming week was a different theme for dress up with our big finale on the Thursday before Friday's game. That was our "powder puff" game where all the girls played football and the guys were cheerleaders (that was a junior/senior only thing, but a really big deal at my school).

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Our homecomings sucked. They were always during basketball season, since we didn't have a football team. So it's freaking cold outside and I have to dress up, and don't even have a date to appreciate my effort? No thanks. Pass the remote control and the 6-pack.

Needless to say, I never went.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    Just about the same here firegirl...each day of homecoming week was a different theme for dress up with our big finale on the Thursday before Friday's game. That was our "powder puff" game where all the girls played football and the guys were cheerleaders (that was a junior/senior only thing, but a really big deal at my school).
    I'll echo libra and firegirl. We had themes for each day of the week, and I know we had parades. Typical, high school stuff. I do know that we always had some kind of tropical theme, and my high school graduation "lock down" party was another tropical theme, with surf boards etc. I was born and raised in MN, so I think there was quite an obsession here with feeling warmer. I really can't remember the exact themes...but they were always, always, island-related.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

One of my proms was, "Bring On the Night." I thought it was sorta creepy. Sounds like a vampire movie.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

The party before my prom was a disco theme and for my prom it was a chinese theme!

FORT Fogey
    That sucks that you guys missed out on Homecoming things- its super fun!
    The classes get together on the weekends and decorate the quad for our theme. We also prepare a float for the Homecoming Football Game on Friday. Starting on Tuesday, each class will prepare a Quad Day. Freshman get Tuesday, Sophomores get Wednesday etc. At lunch, everyone gathers around the quad and some people from each class will do a dance to a song the corresponds with their theme. On your Quad Day, you dress up like your theme and also prepare more lunchtime festivities, like games. Today, the juniors auctioned off some junior boys to be their "slave" You get to wear their jersey if a football player, they will take you (and some friends) out to dinner before the Homecoming Dance (if theyre not drunk :mad: something I don't approve of, but oh well) and they save you a dance at the Homecoming dance this Saturday. Also, at the game we have the parade around the track and all that stuff you already know about, like the announcement of Homecomnig King/Queen. Good times
    Last years theme was Las Vegas Resorts- Seniors had Treasure Island, Juniors-Circus! Circus!, Sophomores-Excalibur and Freshman-Mirage.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    My age is no secret here, so here goes. Best examples are probably those on That 70's Show. They are the class of '77 - and so was I.

This was way before we spent our college funds on prom, took limosines, had the big after -parties (like bowling? my kids went bowling - and then rented movies. Wow.)

Old school prom themes and songs:

Moody Blues: Nights in White Satin
    Jim Croche: Time in a Bottle
    Led Zepplin: Stairway (of course)
    Precious and Few are the Moments we two can share (artist?)
    James Taylor - You've got a Friend
    Seems like Bread was involved somewhere, and Loggins & Messina, maybe some Afternoon Delight (it was the 70s!). I will not admit to any disco, mirror balls or smoke machines. We had balloons, crepe paper and red punch in the lunch room. Things have changed.

There are too many others I don't remember because I was either too drunk (and/or smokin' the mary jane) or doing "it" in the back seat of my boyfriend's 1969 Camaro. Oh, yeah, we were soooo coooool.

And again, I've rambled way too long, finding my own stories most interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast