+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats in a name???

I knew an Autumn in school whose sister's name was Apple. There was also a Pristine in our school, but I can't vouch for whether she was or not.

Once, when flipping through the phone book, I spotted a person named Robbins Pancake. I'm assuming that's a Mr. Pancake, but I can't be certain.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I had a substitute teacher back in school named Harry Dicky.

Now, if your name was Harry Dicky and you were a substitute teacher, wouldn't you just have everyone call you Mr. Dicky? I mean, even that would probably have gotten a few chuckles, but was it really necessary to tell a bunch of 13 year olds that your name was Harry Dicky?

That poor man.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    That poor man.
    I agree...

Yeah, but he brought it on himself by revealing his first name. He also should have insisted on an alternate pronunciation of his last name, like "DIS-kee" or something. Oh, and seeking sanctuary in his middle name might not have been a bad idea, either.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

My buddy's name is Richard Short but he goes by Ricky. And his nickname since childhood has been "Snake".

FORT Fogey
    Theres a girl I know called Desiree (Dez-ir-ray) Also another girl is Olie (conveniant that she is a goalie is soccer Olie the Goalie)

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    THere use to be this doctor paged over head all the time...his name was Dick WeWe..we use to die of laughter everytime he was paged. We dont know if he was real or if some one was playing a game.

I knew a girl named Rainy. and a Star. I think Star is pretty. I had a patient whose parents were physicists and named their three kinds Proton, Neutron and Electron. The funny thing is they are ALL physicists now and work at UCSF. lol
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    THere use to be this doctor paged over head all the time...his name was Dick WeWe..we use to die of laughter everytime he was paged. We dont know if he was real or if some one was playing a game.

I knew a girl named Rainy. and a Star. I think Star is pretty. I had a patient whose parents were physicists and named their three kinds Proton, Neutron and Electron. The funny thing is they are ALL physicists now and work at UCSF. lol

Working in a pharmacy I came across really strange stuff--but the best was a surgeon named Dr. Slaughter!!! don't think I would want him doing anything to me--but in Ontario, with the shortage of doctors what can you do?????

FORT Fogey
    OMG! These names are so crazy. And I thought this one guy had it bad being named David Davidson, which sucks too.

Shaun Alexander named his daughter Heaven, ugh that name bothers me(Shaun's Seattle's runningback).

Here's another name I hate: Precious and she anything but precious. Actually, she was quite a bee-yotch! There are some other weird names but I can't think of any off the top of my head. If you wanna find a weird name, check out NFL players names, a lot of them have weird names.

But Harry Dicky? That has to be one of the funniest names I've heard

Oh, speaking of substitute teachers, this one sub at my school's name was Seaman! I dunno his first name, but my friend would not say his name...I told her to call him Mr. S, but yeah, she didn't think of that, but that's pretty funny isn't it?

I had a whole list of those around here somewhere.
    I knew David Davidson also!

One day it was slow where I worked and we compiled a list of all of the odd names we could find in our database.
    Misty Bottoms
    Summer Rain
    Crystal Fields
    Ivana Virgen

We had pages of them!
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

+ Reply to Thread