+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Whats in a name???

One of my cousins had a son a few years ago and named him "Zjahn Luke". Like "Jean Luc" only, you know, not French, and not cool, and not a name found in nature. :rolleyes Beware of Hooked-on Phonics, people, it can work too well.
    Lucky for him, the poor kid goes by Luke.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    My father had a patient whose name was Vag**a! I am so serious. Her mother was in the Doctor's office when she was pregnant and saw a poster on the wall but pronouncied it "vaGEENA. Wow, thats a nice name!" And so she named her child that.
    Auntie V's (that's what we call her) doctor is your father? What a small world.

I had an application turned in today for a girl named Darhlean.

i remember i was in fifth grade and we would have a DARE officer to come in our class and talk about drugs and stuff. his last name was Love....so... Officer Love it was.
    I pray when I'm coming down, you'll be asleep
    If I ever hurt you, your revenge will be so sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon
    Then the family ran out of month's names that sound like a normal name when their fourth child was born in December, so they named him Puck, as in a hockey puck, because hockey is a traditionally winter sport.
    And here I was, thinking that they really enjoyed A MidSummer Night's Dream.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

There's a family in town with the last name Pickup. One of the boys is "Chevy Van". I went to school with a Donald Duck IV. I shouldn't talk, though. My daughter's name is Blue Swan (last name). We kid her that if she married Larry Bird, she'd be Blue Bird. If she married a local boy, Scott Berry, she'd be Blue Berry, etc. Luckily she is very fond of her name. I have had a couple of students named Amanda Lynn (a mandolin). One of my favorite students is actually named Donnamae Drowne. (Donna may drown!) When you say her name in pig latin it is Onnamaeday (may day!)
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 01-09-2005 at 03:37 AM.
    Count your blessings!

I know of someone who named her twin daughters Candida and Lesbia. Sad, sad, sad.
    Ludicrous speed!

i guess hero and the coward (twins). they are our neigbors.

one more sulpicia and sulpicio. u dont know what their parents think of it?

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    My mom's anxiety therapist was Dr. Feir (pronounced Fear) talk about your aptly named people!
    Could does not mean should

I know that a lot of the names here are supposed to be "WTF", but one of my clients just had a baby girl and the entire area is in with the name and I wanted to share it.

She named her "Scout", and my immediate reaction was "Oh my God, Sara (the Mom) must love To Kill A Mockingbird." Apparently it's her favorite book, hence the name.

The people that I talked to, that had no vested interest in telling a lie, all really love and respond positively to the name. I find it so endearing that I'd actually name a kid of mine Scout.

Certainly a strong name for a girl! By the way, To Kill a Mockingbird is the "Official" book of Chicago, picked by Mayor Daly to begin the city's Literacy Program.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread