+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Whats in a name???

I would probably be afraid to go to a dentist with the name Slaughter. Then again, I am kind of a wuss.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Oh, this thread could NOT have been resurrected at a better time!

A friend of mine in London is of the funny emails; sometimes I will get 17 per day!

Yesterday's beat them all: Hands Down. It is a massive site where a guy copied and pasted actual quotes from Baby Naming Pages and his response follows.

WARNING: THAT WEBSITE IS ADDICTIVE!!! I have spent over 6 hours on there so far and haven't even begun to read all the pages. BEWARE!!!

http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/index.html
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Premium Member
    Where I live we have a dentist named Dr. Fangman, an OB/GYN named Dr. Beaver. I swear I'm not making this up.

I once knew this guy..and his name is Dicky. I think he wanted to go out with me..but i'm sorry... lol .....i couldnt' keep a straight face everytime i talked to him. i had wild imaginations
    realitytvbites!

I know of a doctor called Dr Loony. He's not a psychiatrist thank goodness!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Daggy -- I had a dentist named Dr. Slaughter. I went to school with his kids too.
    Yup. I went to him a few years back Jewels...and without getting into specifics.. he HONESTLY DID slaughter my mouth & pocketbook.
    No lie. In the end, I legally got my money back.

Dr. Slaughter. I couldn't believe it when my dentist recommended I go to someone with that name for my wisdom tooth extraction.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    When I worked at the Department of Highway Safety, we once got a request for a driver record for a Mr. Disco Leon Short. I've never forgotten that name!

Where I currently work, I saw an inspection that was done at a nursery run by a Ms. Yung Ho. I can only hope her name isn't pronounced the way it looks, for her sake.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu
    Where I currently work, I saw an inspection that was done at a nursery run by a Ms. Yung Ho.
    All of these are so funny, but this one in particular made me laugh the hardest.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I have a friend whose brother is named Citrus. She is named Angie.
    Also, this isn't unusual but it's kind of cool: another friend is named June. His sisters are named April and May, all after the months of when they were born. Then the family ran out of month's names that sound like a normal name when their fourth child was born in December, so they named him Puck, as in a hockey puck, because hockey is a traditionally winter sport.

My father had a patient whose name was Vag**a! I am so serious. Her mother was in the Doctor's office when she was pregnant and saw a poster on the wall but pronouncied it "vaGEENA. Wow, thats a nice name!" And so she named her child that.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

+ Reply to Thread