+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Things I wonder about,, do you?

Sleeping with George W
    Why is inflammable the same as flammable?

Ok here is an oldie:

Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways????

Originally posted by fluff
    I wonder why shops like Walmart pack their clothes racks so tightly together that you can't get a trolley through without knocking a crap load of stuff onto the floor, then have wasted areas that could be better utilised.

I find it amazing the different words we use to describe things. This board is very geographically diverse. We call them "carts" or "buggys"
    RandysMom
    Don't Dream It....BE IT

PKeeper
    I wonder why shops like Walmart pack their clothes racks so tightly together that you can't get a trolley through without knocking a crap load of stuff onto the floor
    Well, Fluff. Here in the USA we use shopping carts. Trollies are saved for toting people to and fro in San Franciso. Just how big do you expect the aisles to be in Walmart.

FORT Fogey
    if you blow in your dogs face he hates it,, but he will stick his head out of the car window doing 90 and love it???

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Do vegetarians eat vegetables because they love animals, or because they secretly hate plants?

Princess
    I tend to try to figure out answers to these kind of questions, so here are my clever smartass explanations on a few....

I was having a bagel this morning and I am looking at the toaster and I am thinking,, ok WHY do they have that setting that will burn things so bad they set off the fire alarm???
    Probably so that it will still work even if some of the coils "break" (redundancy).

i have wondered who the first person was to drink cow's milk. i mean, really... did that person squeeze an utter, see white stuff shoot out and think, "i think i'll drink a cup of THAT!"
    Well, babies drink milk, so it must have been pretty obvious that cow (or whatever grazing animal's) milk would be drinkable - especially when you're hungry...

I've always wondered who some of the people were who found out that some fruits and vegetables are poisonous, or poisonous when prepared a certain way. I mean, someone dies, and they go "pass it on, don't eat that"...
    Lots of ppl died eating poisonous stuff before, so it's been a "trial and error" process. The knowledge was then passed down the generations. Also, I know that they often tried just a little bit at first, and then waited to see if they got sick. If there were no symptoms it was probably safe (they might have tried increasing the dosage a couple of times too). I believe that they might also have tried it on animals sometimes.

When you see old Westerns on TV (I notice this a lot), why do they have a *winding* trail across a flat field? Wouldn't it have saved those old guys some time and distance to just make it straight?
    Possibly b/c it looks better on movies when they ride on a winding trail! But serioiusly, I think it may have something to do with rocks and bushes and other things in the terrain that you don't see from afar.

if you blow in your dogs face he hates it,, but he will stick his head out of the car window doing 90 and love it???
    Fresh cool air vs bad warm breath?

modesty, you sucked the joy outta this thread. JUST KIDDING!!!

how boring life would be without our ponderables....

Princess
    modesty, you sucked the joy outta this thread. JUST KIDDING!!!
    how boring life would be without our ponderables.... [/B]
    I'm sorry, it's just part of my annoying nature - can't help it .
    Just let me know if you're not interested in my "answers"...

(Maybe I should start a new thread: "Ask Modesty" )

lol Modesty, what's funny is that a long time ago, I used to have a thread called "Stump John". People could ask me trivia questions, and I would answer them...

Kind of along the same lines.

I think one of you should do that...or both...stump john and modesty. It would be interesting to see if you came up with the same explaination.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread