+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!

Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!

I meant to start this thread earlier, but I didn't get a chance. Hope our friends to the North are enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Any Canadians want to fill me in on its significance? Is it in celebration of a specific event or just to give thanks in general?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    Happy Thanksgiving! Dig in.
    I was in love with a difficult man.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Any Canadians want to fill me in on its significance? Is it in celebration of a specific event or just to give thanks in general?
    Canadian Thanksgiving is similiar to American Thanksgiving; we have it earlier because our colder weather causes our harvest to come in earlier.

Thanksgiving originated when the Native Indians showed the Early Pilgrims how to grow corns, squash, and other North American vegetables by providing them with seeds and techniques. Also how to capture and raise turkeys. In return, the Pilgrims prepared a feast after the first harvest to thank the Natives and to thank God for the bountiful harvest.

Hope all my fellow Canadians had a great weekend.

Love the picture, Wolf.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Hope all the fellow canadians had a great Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by bill
    Canadian Thanksgiving is similiar to American Thanksgiving; we have it earlier because our colder weather causes our harvest to come in earlier.

Thanksgiving originated when the Native Indians showed the Early Pilgrims how to grow corns, squash, and other North American vegetables by providing them with seeds and techniques. Also how to capture and raise turkeys. In return, the Pilgrims prepared a feast after the first harvest to thank the Natives and to thank God for the bountiful harvest.

Thanks I was wondering if it was basically the same thing or not. Seems like it is pretty similar.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Happy Thanksgiving! Let me ask, does this mean you all get/had the day off of work? I hope so! (Was this Monday? Or Tuesday?)

You're makin' me yearn for turkey, mashed taters, and gravy...<------------insert Homer-like gargling drool.... What are all ya lucky people eating today/yesterday? Is it better than my plain PB&J sandwich?

Happy Thanksgiving!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian FORT buddies! Eat, drink, and eat some more!

Thanks!
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast