+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Halloween Kitsch

FORT Fogey
    I the whole just decorating for Fall rather than Halloween. It is more festive and last longer instead of scary crap! But i do have to admit I get a real laugh every time I drive by this one house in our neighborhood w/a witch that looks like she crashed into the house. It is attached to the front up high like she just flew into it! Very funny

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    I the whole just decorating for Fall rather than Halloween. It is more festive and last longer instead of scary crap! But i do have to admit I get a real laugh every time I drive by this one house in our neighborhood w/a witch that looks like she crashed into the house. It is attached to the front up high like she just flew into it! Very funny
    Firegirl, your pictures are awesome! Very lovely. That display makes me feel all warm and cozy.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    But i do have to admit I get a real laugh every time I drive by this one house in our neighborhood w/a witch that looks like she crashed into the house. It is attached to the front up high like she just flew into it! Very funny
    I have one of those witches splatted on my front door. I just had to have one when I saw it at the store. It's really funny.

Ok, I confess...we have a little graveyard in our front yard right now, we have some of those lights that are likes big ole webs over the bushes, all kinds of monsters breaking up through the ground, skeletons crawling from the bushes in front of the porch and have a whole crime scene thingy planned out for the 31st (including a fog machine, flaming skulls, etc.). AND we all dress up and my oldest daughter can be found lying in a coffin during trick-or-treat times so that she can pop out at the kids. I love Halloween!

We're all gussied up for Halloween too.

Halloween Rocks!
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

FORT Fogey
    Wolfie thats great, I think she is sooo funny! A tall tower here in town has one too! At Christmas I have seen a Santa splatted also!

FORT Fogey
    I found a better pic of our fall display. I was a pretty big pic so don't know if you can see much w/it downsized!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I really like the cart you have & the hay bales. Does your whole neighborhood get into it or just you guys?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    Everyone here gets into it! All neighborhoods, shopping centers the works!

We also do this really fun thing in our neighborhoods, it is called " booing" you take a treat, cookies,flowers, candy or whatever and put in on a neighbor's front porch w/a note that says you have been " booed!" w/instructions to boo someone else in the neighborhood and to put the letter you sent on the door so people know who has and hasn't been booed yet! It's a fun way to take a little treat for the season to a neighbor and you never know who booed who! It also gets my daughter thinking about doing something nice for someone expecting nothing in return. She loves to help make the boo letter and put the item on the porch all sneaky like!

That's a very cool fall display, FG, and the whole "Booing your neighbors" is pretty neat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123