+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paintball

Paintball

So, my brother in law is getting married next weekend. And he wants the guys in the wedding party to go play paintball tonight. Which means me.

I hate paintball, despite the fact that I used to own a paintball field. I liked to RUN the field, I never have liked to play. Something about getting shot with paint while trying to make as small a target as possible of my 6' 7" frame turns me off.

Are any of y'all paintball fanatics?

My sister works for the head office of a major paintball company. She gets lots of perks and tournaments and I've gone along with her on a few. I absolutely hate it. I do not enjoy it. I do enjoy the real hard core paintfall freaks that run around in full camoflauge. Unfortunately, I'm not much company for her.

Her fiance has milked that one beyond belief, let me tell ya. His whole family has paintball guns at 50% off.

I feel for ya John... and I'm sure you'll be sore tomorrow.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Rab
    After hearing a very wierd tale of my friend being knocked out by a paintball (is this possible? lol) I stay clear of any paintballing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    So, my brother in law is getting married next weekend. And he wants the guys in the wedding party to go play paintball tonight. Which means me.

I hate paintball, despite the fact that I used to own a paintball field. I liked to RUN the field, I never have liked to play. Something about getting shot with paint while trying to make as small a target as possible of my 6' 7" frame turns me off.

Are any of y'all paintball fanatics?

What happened to a nice old-fashioned night out at a strip club?

The only time I tried it I had huge bruises. Lots o'luck.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

They're doing the strip club thing tomorrow night. But I've taken a pass on joining them, so they want me to come play paintball with them tonight instead.

I detest the game. It was fun to run, for about a year...I made decent money, I had commercials running on the radio stations, so that was cool.

But actually playing it, I've only had bad experiences. I've actually only played twice, but one of those times was our local field's team (and me) against the local police department's SWAT team. We got our arses handed to us.

Playing against the SWAT team?

I don't know what's worse: that you had to play against the SWAT team or the fact that the SWAT team gets together and paintballs citizens on the weekends for fun. Adrenaline junkies or paid sadists?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Hug me!
    Geez.. mention Paintball reminds me of the "Hunting for Bambi" story.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Hepcat, I think both.

The SWAT team practices at the local indoor paintball place. It's a 2-story brass foundry, which gives them a good opportunity to practice entries and stuff. When they play, they usually let the other team go inside and get set up, then they try to make entry and clean up the "bad guys". And they're usually pretty successful.

I guess that's a good thing, in the scheme of things. But it sucks when they're aiming at you.

I know some people who are major paintball fanatics. But all they ever talk about are their paint guns and how good they are, etc.

Until I try paintball for myself I still don't know as to whether I like it or hate it.

JR.
    I've played 5 or 6 times and thought it was pretty cool. I couldn't do it on a regular basis though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast