+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paintball

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I guess that's a good thing, in the scheme of things. But it sucks when they're aiming at you.
    Note to self: do not rob bank in town where John lives.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    What happened to a nice old-fashioned night out at a strip club?
    Instead of church, I go there once a week; my buddies and I call it the temple of women.

Never tried paint balls. I have tried pellet guns in my youth and real semi-automatic rifles in the Cdn Army Reserve. They were interesting at the time, but I am now too safety conscious to consider such activity "fun".

Two teenagers in Toronto were recently charged for shooting a toddler with a pellet gun. The small pellet entered an eye of the child and lodged in his brain. The teenagers will likely go to jail and the child will be crippled for life.
    Last edited by Bill747; 10-03-2003 at 11:12 PM.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

Well, we played. Until 3:30am. Got our butts whooped.

But, I had a lot of fun, which was more than I thought I would.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I have never played paintball in my life!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by bill
    Two teenagers in Toronto were recently charged for shooting a toddler with a pellet gun. The small pellet entered an eye of the child and lodged in his brain. The teenagers will likely go to jail and the child will be crippled for life.
    Good lord.

I suppose paintball could be fun, but I might change my mind if or when I try it.

I'm such a whimp, not sure if I'd like paintball or not cause I've never tried...but honestly it doesn't seem like that much fun to me. Guess it's from seeing too many of my friends bruised to all get out from it.

I admit how nerdy I am now tho...I used to be completely and totally addicted to "laser tag". There used to be a place in downtown Orlando that you could go play at...indoors, totally dark with just black lights, small teams, and you'd play for 5-10 minutes a shot....dang I miss Q-Zar!! I actually used to play nearly nightly, and most of the time for free as well which was a big perk (I seem to remember them having ladies specials where you could play free if you went in with a guy, but I was friends with the people that worked there after a while, so all I remember is playing for free when they'd need a single person just to finish off a team). I was really good at being a sniper and just finding a safe place to hide near the home base for our team and wiping out the opponents. This is making me REALLY want to take a trip down to the only laser tag place that I know of in town and catch a game...hmmmm wonder if any of my friends' kids would be interested, think I'm gonna have to ask.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    They're doing the strip club thing tomorrow night. But I've taken a pass on joining them, .
    AH HEM!!!!! John, I would be more than happy to go in your place. Being an afficianodo of the entertainment of female clothing removal, I believe I would make a fantastic stand in.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022

I admit how nerdy I am now tho...I used to be completely and totally addicted to "laser tag". There used to be a place in downtown Orlando that you could go play at...indoors, totally dark with just black lights, small teams, and you'd play for 5-10 minutes a shot....dang I miss Q-Zar!! I actually used to play nearly nightly, and most of the time for free as well which was a big perk (I seem to remember them having ladies specials where you could play free if you went in with a guy, but I was friends with the people that worked there after a while, so all I remember is playing for free when they'd need a single person just to finish off a team). I was really good at being a sniper and just finding a safe place to hide near the home base for our team and wiping out the opponents. This is making me REALLY want to take a trip down to the only laser tag place that I know of in town and catch a game...hmmmm wonder if any of my friends' kids would be interested, think I'm gonna have to ask.
    I just about wrote something similar about an hour ago and I was too embarrassed I'm glad I'm not the only person on here who used to be a nut about it. My friends and would dress all in black and head out. We probably looked like a group of jewel theives looking for the next target or goths looking for a party. I was a great sniper too, and usually finished in the top five when it was individual competition. We had a lot of fun and it was great for taking out agressions.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I would LOVE to play paintball, however I am afraid I'm far too delicate. I've been told you leave the game with welts and bruises that stick around for a while. Which, for me, translates into broken ribs, not to mention limbs. The paintballs look like huge marbles to me, and I have no doubt they hurt. Okay, so I'm a girl. Cut me some slack. Sure does look like furn, tho. (Unless you are playing with my ex, who for some reason doesn't understand a time out and tries to ambush the other team like a maniac. I'm so glad I wasn't there.)

If you care to share, John, I for one would love to hear more details.

Glad you had fun. Time to 'fess up, where are the bruises?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast