+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: What's your fave season?

Oh no, lambikins, I wasn't calling you a winter bum (another reason I hate winter - the size of my bum increases exponentially with the decrease in temperature ). In fact, your downtime amounts to what I consider to be an insane amount of time as required of me by my bosses. It's just that I would really like to spent my winters baking and knitting and painting and sleeping until the sun actually comes up. It just seems like a more natural and healthy way to live - come oooonnnn, retirement.

And thanks for the booties . My feet are feeling more comfortable already.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    It's just that I would really like to spent my winters baking and knitting and painting and sleeping until the sun actually comes up. It just seems like a more natural and healthy way to live - come oooonnnn, retirement.

And thanks for the booties . My feet are feeling more comfortable already.
    The "more natural way to live"; that it is, that it is. In high season, I'm up at 4:00 am, ready by 5:00 am and at the job site or nursery by 6:00 am. Then, we usually eat one meal, around noon, and work until 5-7 pm, depending on the heat. Once "off", I'm either visiting nurseries, new clients, or devoting the remainder of the evening to paperwork, finally falling into bed by 9:00 pm. This goes on 7 days a week, until you either get sick and THAT shuts you down or you just say "NO!" and take a day off. This year, I went 38 days without a day off; my crew foreman went 56 days.

Since I've lived in Agriculture my entire life, first on the farm and then with landscaping, the very nature of Winter is to shut down and slow down. About September, I begin looking for the Frosty Flakes, telling me, "Time to take it easy!"

What a joy it is to wake up when your body tells you, rather than a crappy alarm clock!

Glad you liked the booties, Rattus! Mrs. Weasley taught me how to knit them.

(Gold Star for YOU if you catch the reference!)
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Fall is definately my favorite season. All the new TV shows start, the kids go back to school, and the sun goes down earlier. I love to have my windows open a bit and feel the cool crisp air. On top of that add on pumpkins, falling leaves and beautiful sunsets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567