+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's your fave season?

I love summer best. It is never long enough for me.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    ~*I am all about Fall. I love the smell of smoke and leaves in the air. I like the crispness that fall brings.
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

I'm with sydneysummers: Nothing beats early fall. Crisp, clean air, leaves turning into beautiful shades, long, brisk walks, starry nights... Love it! I also love the clothes: the coats, the pleated skirts, the sweaters... (I always transform myself into a 1950's school girl during fall for some reason.) It is unseasonably warm here in Sweden right now, much to my annoyance. I've bought a ton of lovely autumnal outfits that I can't wait to wear and now I find myself sweating wearing nothing but jean cutoffs and a t-shirt! Another great thing about fall is that my social life is back to normal - all my friends are back in town; restaurants and bar are open for business again; the cinema offers movies I'd actually like to see; lots of great novels are about to be published... In short: life, as I know it, with all its routines, habits, highs and lows, starts again.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I'm with Sydney and Geekthegirl, Fall is definitely my favorite season. I love when the trees all change color, the crisp air, the great clothes you get to wear, and slowing down of everything. I wish Fall would stay around a lot longer than it does and Winter would not crowd it out with snow in November and October.

Tada
    I'd have to go with Spring. It's not super-hot out like Summer, the end of the school year is right around the corner, days are still getting longer, and the local anime convention that I go to every year is in Spring too. Summer is 2nd.

I'm kind of biased against Fall and Winter because those have been pretty bad seasons for me in recent years. Especially last year. Things didn't pick up until Spring.

I, too, love autumn and spring - the transitional seasons.

Every color becomes more vivid, the smells become richer, the light seems crisper....change is coming and the world holds such beauty and promise.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

I love fall, for all the reasons stated above. And a close second would be winter. I love snow, snuggling down in a warm blanket, not feeling guilty for not going outside, wearing warm sweaters, Christmas...I could go on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    I, too, love autumn and spring - the transitional seasons.

Every color becomes more vivid, the smells become richer, the light seems crisper....change is coming and the world holds such beauty and promise.
    Perfectly said! Where I live during those seasons it's not too hot nor too cold so I love that.

giz
    It's so cool to hear I'm not alone out here in my anti-summer boat. Sure there's stuff to like (roses, lilacs, swimming), but there's too much that doesn't work for me (the clothes, the heat, too hot to drink tea or coffee). For a favourite it's close between autumn and winter, but I think as autumn's shorter, I'll go for that one. What's not to like? Sunrises reappear, and the days get shorter. It's cool enough to want a coffee, but not so cold you're chilled to the bone. You can wear suede car-coats and sweaters and mittens. Thanksgiving (in Canada this year it's October 10), and then Halloween. I love Thanksgiving dinner (one of only 2 times a year that I eat meat), and love the atmosphere of Halloween. The community bonfire, all those demons out. The apple cake, and the conkers falling off the trees. The snow starts appearing on the mountains across the straight. The weather is changeable, I love the rain and sunny crisp days. All of it. Pretty keen on winter too, as it's got Christmas and Hannukah, songs and cookies, presents and lights. Love the crisp evenings, and the winter hats. I never complain about winter, but summer is one long whinge-fest as the heat brings me down.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread since we have a new season upon us.

I'm an autumnal girl all the way, myself. Heavy workload aside, it is by far my favourite season. I love everything about it: bright red, yellow, and orange leaves against a clear, blue sky on a crisp October day, staying indoors with a big fat novel, lighting candles and sipping Merlot (suddenly, I'm so over Chardonnay and rosť...) or spicy cinnamon tea... I also love the clothes. Went shopping for a new autumnal wardrobe the other day, and I literally couldn't get out of the store - so much gorgeous stuff. Can't wait until it's chilly enough to wear a coat.

Any other fall aficionados here? If so, what do you like most about it?
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast