+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's your fave season?

I am a winter person. I like long wool coats and warm winter boots with fur lining, they feel so good. I like it snowy and cold, I love the sound snow makes under your feet on a cold winter day. I like it dark too, and looking at the warm glow in windows. I love ice and snowball lanterns with real candles inside. And what would be better than either to go ice skating or cross country skiing and then come back inside and put your frozen feet against fireplace wall/radiator and sip some hot tea. And if you live close to arctic circle, you can see the stars almost all day long.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

My favorite season....hummm that would be: Hockey season!
    Fall is definitely my favorite, warm days,cool nights, leaves changing color and a clean, crispness to the air and no sweating my a$$ off at work(no air conditioning). You can still wear shorts but you get to dig out those great sweaters and sweatshirts. Trips to the apple orchard, Octoberfest, my b-day, Halloween, football and did I mention Hockey?

FORT Fogey
    Summer. No school, LLWS, Iced Tea, Shorts, so much more.

FORT Fogey
    Hm.. most people I know would say summer.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I'm a fall and spring person. Winter is too cold and summer's too hot.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    My favorite season is definately winter because of the weather and just the aura of the season. You've got so many holidays. No school, too! I enjoy going to concerts and playing in the snow. I love reading by the fire, too. I also perform in a ton of concerts for school and chorale. It's so much fun for me!
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

I love the fall and the feeling it has,when you drive down certain streets and the leaves are changing,especially on a sunday afternoon.You just get that feeling of coziness and warm, like everything is alright ,right now.

I love going apple picking with my family and doing everything that goes with it, pumkin picking the little general stores some places have,the fresh bread,cider and freash baked pies.

I love listening or watching the football game with my boys 6 and 8,just lazily lying there,my wife making sandwiches( she makes the best) and everything is alright.

Bringing my daughter and all her friends to a haunted house with the rest of the family.
    and everything seems allright

My favorite day is the day before THANKSGIVING, having everybody over preparing for the next day.Smelling all the smells and my kids watching "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" sort of their tradition.

And with me everything seems alright.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    I actually love all seasons. It's probably the reason I live where I live.

Each time I think I've picked out my favorite, I start feeling bad for the other seasons because there are things I love about them too. (I know I'm a dork )

I love the autumn for the smell of wet leaves and the crisp air feeling. Along with drinking apple cider and carving pumpkins.

I love the winter for the sun glistening off the snow and the cold air filling my lungs. I love the smell of wood smoke as I walk around my neighborood.I also love wearing winter clothes.

I love the spring with all the flowers blooming and the anticipation of warmer weather. I love not having to wear a coat anymore.

And I love the summer because I love lying out on the beach and feeling the warm sun on me.
    Um, greenie, are you in my head??? I could have written this! (even the part about feeling bad for the other seasons - just like I feel bad for the leftover Christmas trees that aren't purchased! - yup - DORK)

NY is great for having a touch of everything (except tornadoes, thankfully).

I love all seasons. And as much as I complain about winter and snow, I really do love it

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Um, greenie, are you in my head??? I could have written this! (even the part about feeling bad for the other seasons - just like I feel bad for the leftover Christmas trees that aren't purchased! - yup - DORK)

NY is great for having a touch of everything (except tornadoes, thankfully).

I love all seasons. And as much as I complain about winter and snow, I really do love it
    MBP That is a way cool avatar!!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    My favorite seasonings are garlic and cumin. What? Oh seasons! Then I guess that would have to be fall, the turning of the leaves, a little nip in the air, and football on the tube!
    We all knew you'd come up with some smart-ass comment, Unk

My favorite would have to be summer. Where I live **SANTA CRUZ, CALIFORNIA **, the weather rarely falls below 55 or above 80. Pretty mild climate here **BY THE BEACH**...

Can you tell I'm glad to be back?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast