+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I lost my calico and got scared!

I lost my calico and got scared!

My landlord had some painters over this morning unscheduled. They were power washing the place, and I had to close all the doors & windows. I couldn't find one of my cats when I had to shut up the house, she was out prowling.

The air compressor they used was so loud my cat who was home spent 2 hours hiding under the bed. When they left, I couldn't find my calico kitty!

I waited a half hour for her to come back, but she was still hiding out. My daughter got on her bike, and together we combed the neighborhood for almost two hours, still no calico and none of the neighbors who were home had seen her. Finally we went home, and wouldn't you know it? There she was, curled up on the chair in front of my computer, fast asleep with her tail tucked under her nose, neat as you please. She probably showed up 5 minutes after we left to go look for her. Why can't they come when you call them?

Whew, at least she's back. I just had to get that off my chest!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Reminds me of the time years ago we had been "partying" one Saturday afternoon. We saw our cat (Marmaduke) outside, figured he had followed us out the door and proceeded to try to catch him. We lived in an apartment complex that had carports out back and this cat was up in the rafters. We chased this cat for about 2 hours untill we realized it wasn't Marmaduke, just looked like him.

FORT Fogey
    I'm very sorry that you were scared about your cat. I know exactly the feeling.

We almost lost my cat a few years back. Our house is shifting so sometimes the doors don't totally line up and therefore don't close all the way. It was at night, I went out the the garage to get something and my cat got out. We live right next to the mountains and a creek passes right through our property. Kitty ran down into the creek and I ran screaming after her. I was practically in tears when I screamed her name "KITTY!!!" She turned around and so I slowly went up to her. We got her back thank GOD. I don't know what I would do without Kitty.

I thought you were talking about the Calico game station. Anyone remember that from long time ago?

Quote Originally Posted by tv_is_fake
    I thought you were talking about the Calico game station. Anyone remember that from long time ago?

Pinkieparrot - that's doubly scary when you live where there's coyotes & stuff. Where we live now we have these abnormally huge, muscular black squirrels with that are frightening. They probably escaped from a biotech lab around here. They can totally take on my cat.

Unklescott - that's a big d'oh. I wonder what the cat was thinking. "Hey guys, I made these humans stumble around after me for hours!"
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I had the same scare with my dogs, the kids in the neighborhood thought it was funny to open my gate and when we got up and let the dogs out to do their thing, off they wandered. the wife woke me up telling me she couldn't find them, just as I was getting my jeans on, here they came, they saw the outside light on and knew they had to come in. thank god for silly training like that.

Quote Originally Posted by tv_is_fake
    Sure! I collect old game systems. Caleco vision, Pong, Atari, ninteno, super nintendo. I love them all.

My kitty got lost once when I lived in a trailor in college, so I know how you all feel. She was gone for four weeks and I kept waking up in the middle of the night, hearing her meow. My husband (boyfriend at the time) thought that the stress of losing her had driven me crazy. I would get up at 2am every night and tear the house apart, trying to find her.
    Then, one day as I was coming in from the driveway, I heard her meow. I realized it was coming from under the trailor. I dropped my groceries right there and started trying to tear the skirting off the trailor. She had been trapped under there the whole time, living on bugs and stuff. She had to be on an iv and fed through a tube for a few days, but she lived for three more years after that. It was very traumatic for me and the cat.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    This is WAY WAY WAY WAY (etc etc) off topic, but I'd like to thank tv_is_fake for saying that I'm one of his or her favorite posters.
    I was in love with a difficult man.

Hepcat, I'm sorry, but that made me laugh so hard. It sounds completely like something my cat would do. I was relieved just reading your post.

My family tends to 'lose' each others cats. My mom was catsitting for me and my cat and my sister's cat took off through a patio door that her husband left open. She found my sister's cat right away and finally found my cat.... 6 feet away from the patio door hiding behind the air conditioner.

Then I was catsitting my sister's stupid, but adorable, cat and he went missing. I couldn't find him and was searching my place for at least 4 hours because I didn't think he could have gone outside. I called him, I got milk out for him, I tried to lure him out with toys, his treats, anything. I found him tucked away above the cupboards above the fridge sleeping.

Little f-er almost gave me a heart attack.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

My dog cosmo will run out the door if not kept from doing so. One day he ran out the door when the kids opened it. All I had on was a towel so I had to get dressed before I could run after him. We looked all over the neighborhood an did not find him. I had to go to an appointment but thought to call our vet on a slim chance that he was there. Sure enough little Cosmo had run around the courner to our Vet's office. The vet kept him happy with doggy treats until I could pick him up.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast