+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Want FORT friend sympathy!!! Because.....

poor fg. !!!

i'm sorry to hear your troubles. what a loser that guy is. things are done differently in small towns. everyone knows everyone. and there was no need for him to go all NYPD on you.

i hope you are having a happier day today.

I agree with what everyone else has said so far, FG. File a complaint against the guy (did you get his name? If not, maybe your Captain friend can help you there...) so it can go in his personnel file.

I believe that what goes around, comes around. So, this guy will "get his" at some point in the future...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    That sucks Firegirl! I really have a lot of respect for the police, but just as in all professions you get the loser in every group!

Pamper yourself the rest of the day!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Yikes! Consider yourself virtually hugged today - that is a horrible story. I've run into some complete jerks that hide behind a badge, but this guy takes the cake. I completely agree with Paulie - there's no way this guy felt threatened by you - he was looking for an excuse to frisk you.

I agree with those here that suggest you talk to your neighbor the captain and look into filing a complaint against this ass. I'm so sorry that you had to be put through such a horrible ordeal!

FG - man I do not want to even imagine that happening to me.

Hopefully, your daughter was not in the car with you
    RandysMom
    Don't Dream It....BE IT

firegirl,

Sorry to hear of your encounter. That is pretty unacceptable.

While I would certainly consider filing the complaint, I think the bigger issue is the folks who failed to correct your record. That is unacceptable and you have in effect been wrongfully imprisioned due to their gross negligence. (where is lurkinggirl at? she would know this stuff)

I don't think you have a case really against the local police, as sadly the guy was a jerk, and certainly should have called to check, but he apparently did follow proceedures.

I know that seems bad, but just last week in Portland for example an officer was shot in the head when trying to apprehend a small teenager and reportedly he didn't cuff and car the kid immediately.

A similar thing happened to a former student of mine, and I believe her settlement with the offending county was enough to allow her to retire at age 23. (she was arrested on a Friday evening, and kept in lockup for the weekend, because her ex-boyfriend at Blockbuster had reported her as having not returned several videos....unbelievable.)
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey
    I know , I know he was just following 'procedure' his people skills just sucked and it hurt my feelings I guess... and as he is cuffing me on the street I am watching all the illegal aliens we have here whizzing by in dangerous cars,, and I am sure they don't have valid license.. just wasn't a good day, and I know there is really no recourse for ' a cop with poor social skills..' except:fyou :fyou :fyou :fight :fight

Originally posted by firegirl
    I know , I know he was just following 'procedure' his people skills just sucked and it hurt my feelings I guess... and as he is cuffing me on the street I am watching all the illegal aliens we have here whizzing by in dangerous cars,, and I am sure they don't have valid license.. just wasn't a good day, and I know there is really no recourse for ' a cop with poor social skills..' except:fyou :fyou :fyou :fight :fight
    Well I think clearly he was an ass****, and there is a difference between following proceedure with safety in mind, and following proceedure with bull**** attitude.

You were subjected to too much of the latter, and you have every right to be upset about it.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

LG.
    Yikes Firegirl, that is a sucky way to start your day. I hope it's getting better here in the sanctuary of the FORT. Cyberhugs. {{{{{Firegirl}}}}}
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I hardly think you're a menace to society so his heavy handed way of dealing with this situation was not warranted.
    He will need to learn to control himself if he's to make a good cop.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast