+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Millionaire - It Could Be You !

Oh, yeah....to actually be ON topic

I would pay off all my debt ($80K, whew, that's a heavy load),

and buy myself a beautiful house on a cul-de-sac,

and take my kids to Disneyland and myself to Hawaii,

and get weekly massages;

and help my family.

And I would feel very grateful and blessed.
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

I would be shocked, I would invest, definitely, put it all in the bank, at my age I don't need 1 mill

I'd pay off all my bills, go on a HUGE shopping spree, donate a lot of it to my parish, and save the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    ...Publisher's Clearing House... does anyone EVER win that thing? And no, the people in the commercials don't count. I'm guessing the van drives away with the check as soon as the shooting is done.
    True story: Years ago when I worked for a newspaper, a elderly local woman won $100,000 from a Readers Digest sweepstakes. I went out to interview her and took a photo of her on the front porch of her mobile home holding the oversized $100,000 check.

She had been living in this home 20 years, along with her 36-year old son who was only consistent about being unemployed. When asked what she'd do with all that money she said, "Oh, I'll probably add on to my mobile home. Give the rest to my son."

Honestly, money is wasted on some people!

ARG, funny you posted this, I was just thinking of the same thing the other day.

Unfortunately, a million dollars isn't so much anymore. I'd tithe, pay off debt, buy a great house and furnish it, get a new van and something for the 15 year old to drive next year. I'd make sure my parent's bills were all taken care of and move them into a newer house if they wished. I'd invest most of it, and open an antique store. I'd definitely quit work!

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin

Honestly, money is wasted on some people!
    Amen to that one.

I have thought about this often. hey, a girl has to have dreams

I would pay off debts. Buy each of my kids a new car (well, put money away for my 13 year old's ). Donate a big chunk to my local SPCA. Move. Do something great for someone without them knowing it (kind of like on pay it forward) And if there is anything left, put it away. But like Bumpkin said, a mill doesn't go all that far anymore sadly enough, but I'll take it anyway
    "The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own."

Speaking of a million not being much money anymore, isn't it funny how some folks won't buy a lottery ticket if the pot is under $5 million?

First I'd pay off my student loans and my car. Then I'd probably give some to my brothers and sister for school as well. I'd probably give my parents a couple of hundred large just for putting up with me. I'd take a couple of trips I'd like to take, buy a few small things and invest the rest.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I will everything I don't have currently

1. New handphone
    2. New wardrobe
    3. New shoes
    4. New bags
    5. House
    6. New furnishings

Leo
    Premium Member
    First priority: a new car! I am so sick and tired of using our awful public transport system.

Next would be every computer gadget I want. The things you can do with around 9,000 US dollars...

I would buy the bigger newer house down the street because I like my subdivison and school but I want a bigger house.

I would buy a cottage on a lake.

I would put money away for the kids for college

I would take a trip to disney world (with my family)

I would give my parents some money.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast