+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vitmamins/Supplements/herbs

I'm taking Feverfew right now for treatment of migranes. It has been a lifesaver. I did all the research and talked to my doctor before starting this alternative treatment. It takes about 3-4 weeks before the pills become effective. Try to buy the same brand, you'll get the most consistent dosage and ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiomobprincess
    I'm taking Feverfew right now for treatment of migranes. It has been a lifesaver. I did all the research and talked to my doctor before starting this alternative treatment. It takes about 3-4 weeks before the pills become effective. Try to buy the same brand, you'll get the most consistent dosage and ingredients.
    This is slightly off topic of herbal medications, but since you were talking about migranes... I had a friend who had really bad migranes for years. She finally got rid of her migranes with acupuncture treatments. Just thought to mention the option if Feverfew will not work.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    The 'Wellness Formula' that Molly Rose mentioned seemed to be an occasional boost to the system. Has anyone heard of anything that can be used regularly to 'rebuild' your immune system? I realize no one on here is a doctor, but I was just curious if anyone had used something that worked.
    One way that you can build up your immune system is to go on 10-day courses of Echinacea. You can buy it at most drug stores now. It doesn't seem to be as helpful if you take it all the time, but if you take two a day for ten days, then go off for ten days, then back on, etc., it can help make you more resistant to colds and other "bugs". At any rate, it can't hurt you (unless you are allergic to daisies - then you will be allergic to echinacea. I haven't heard of any other harmful interractions or side effects.

Be careful though not to get the echinacia/golden seal combo pills. These are great for treating colds, but golden seal should not be taken over long periods of time. Also if you have any kidney problems, don't take golden seal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    This is slightly off topic of herbal medications, but since you were talking about migranes... I had a friend who had really bad migranes for years. She finally got rid of her migranes with acupuncture treatments. Just thought to mention the option if Feverfew will not work.
    Thanks for the information. I've never read about acupuncture and migranes before, I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyRose
    One way that you can build up your immune system is to go on 10-day courses of Echinacea. You can buy it at most drug stores now. It doesn't seem to be as helpful if you take it all the time, but if you take two a day for ten days, then go off for ten days, then back on, etc., it can help make you more resistant to colds and other "bugs". At any rate, it can't hurt you (unless you are allergic to daisies - then you will be allergic to echinacea. I haven't heard of any other harmful interractions or side effects.

Be careful though not to get the echinacia/golden seal combo pills. These are great for treating colds, but golden seal should not be taken over long periods of time. Also if you have any kidney problems, don't take golden seal at all.
    Thanks for the info! I might give it a try.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

With Fish oil, consider that a typical 1,000mg (1 gram) pill contains 300mg of Omega Oil (the good stuff).

I take 6 grams a day

ELZI VOLK (An Omega Master) States:

My use of pharmacological doses of fish oil are for treating osteoarthritis. My intake is typically 12-16 g/day. My clients who are using fish oil take from 4-8 g/day.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...com%26rnum%3D1

For those taking omega-3 or fish oil gel caps, i put mines in the ice box. I was wondering, I decided to look at the each gel caps carefully after i took them out of the ice box and it's not clear yellow, it has this milky or murky white substance mixed with the yellow color. Does anyone else have this, too?? Just wondering if the ice box temperature is causing this or it's supposed to look like that?? Anyone?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123