+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: computers

computers

I have an old computer with windows (95 or 97)

I typed a script at home for a school assignment and that type of format has a lot of indentations. When I printed it from the school computer--oh, boy! The top margins went almost half way down for some pages and the tabs/indentations were wrong. I don't have that problem with a "straight forward format". Does anyone have any suggestions for someone like me (I would need to work UP to computer for idiots! )

eldee,
    What do you mean by 'script'? What application are you using, Word 97?

I'll open a trouble ticket for you.... and we'll get right on it!

Tracy
    Client Support and Services
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Tracylee, aren't you reading my mind? I should have made it clear that it is script writing for a writing class. It's not a technical/computer term.

The dinosaur, I mean computer at home, might be a 97, but I would have to check to make sure.

Thanks Tracylee!

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Tracylee, aren't you reading my mind? I should have made it clear that it is script writing for a writing class. It's not a technical/computer term.
    I thought that might be the case based on what you'd said about what you know about computers .

The dinosaur, I mean computer at home, might be a 97, but I would have to check to make sure.
    The application you use would be Word, or WordPro, or Notepad there are different versions of each and they may vary from home to school, which can cause formatting problems.

My sister had a margin issue with a document and I had her e-mail it to me. It turns out that it had been set up as a 14" X 14" paper size with huge margins!

So, it may just be a matter of adjusting the margins and page size, etc. It depends on what you're using.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Mmm, sometimes the simplest things to check are the first neglected. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I have an old computer with windows (95 or 97)

I typed a script at home for a school assignment and that type of format has a lot of indentations. When I printed it from the school computer--oh, boy! The top margins went almost half way down for some pages and the tabs/indentations were wrong. I don't have that problem with a "straight forward format". Does anyone have any suggestions for someone like me (I would need to work UP to computer for idiots! )
    I wish i still had my windows 95, i bet it wouldn't have all these viruses and malfunctions like the windows xp.

Quote Originally Posted by tv_is_fake
    I wish i still had my windows 95, i bet it wouldn't have all these viruses and malfunctions like the windows xp.
    Switch to Linux

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    Switch to Linux
    What on God's green earth is Linux? Never heard of it. Explain please.

Quote Originally Posted by tv_is_fake
    What on God's green earth is Linux? Never heard of it. Explain please.
    Linux is another operating system, like Windows, except it's not as susceptable to the Windows-based viruses. I've never tried it before, but my dad has.

Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    Linux is another operating system, like Windows, except it's not as susceptable to the Windows-based viruses.
    Linux is stable as a rock. No Windows based viri can take down Linux. There is an introduction on http://www.linux.org/ .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast