+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What would they say about you?

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    If they taped a show starring me 20 years ago in my college days, they would have said "Wow, she gets in the worst messes without even trying! Probably because she has a lot of weird friends, and also because she is too nice to people."

They would have enjoyed episodes starring my strange and wacky roommates and college buddies who often talked me into going places no decent person should go. In one episode, you would watch me stress out as we find out my roommate's most recent in a string of many boyfriends is suddenly wanted by the FBI.

In another wacky episode, our mild mannered star(me) goes on a seemingly quick trip to the coast with two friends and then finds herself "trapped" driving around and around New Orleans to the point of nausea and danger for 2 1/2 days.

Funny eps would have included the time I accidentally backed into a ditch, leaving 3 of the 4 wheels of my 72 VW Hatchback airborne. The camera would have zoomed in on me as I crawled out of the window of my car.

These and many more adventures would follow...too numerous to mention but the cast of zany characters could keep us on the air for years.

If they taped a show of my life now though, I think it would be pretty boring also, but I think it could be inspirational to many. They could see the renewed me who survived all the bizarre situations of college and work life through my 20's and thirties. They would weep as I recount my story of how stress cause me to crash and burn out in the late 90's. They would have cheered as I find a new career path and a more contented lifestyle. Viewers would still say, "wow, she seems to be so nice, too bad she has that lazy streak and those eccentric hermit lady qualities going for her."

They would see a different set of wacky characters...my nosy but nice retired neighbors , my family and my coworkers who are all pretty normal...

A little tale of a not quite so average person living a somewhat average life in a nice southern town... My show sponsor would be "No Name Generic tagless tea bag" makers. Lots of product placement showing me drinking iced tea in almost every scene...

They could keep up with the problems of balancing the need to work and the desire to relax in peaceful surroundings. Since I work in a university setting, it could also be considered an educational program. Still, laughter would be a mainstay of the show.

I doubt my reality show would be on the networks, FOX, or MTV. Try tuning into my show on PBS, HGTV, or the Inspiration network...

:pond

It would come on late at night so that it would either cheer you up after a long day or put you to sleep for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by mstvfan
    If they taped a show starring me 20 years ago in my college days, they would have said "Wow, she gets in the worst messes without even trying! Probably because she has a lot of weird friends, and also because she is too nice to people."

If they taped a show of my life now though, I think it would be pretty boring also, but I think it could be inspirational to many. They could see the renewed me who survived all the bizarre situations of college and work life through my 20's and thirties. They would weep as I recount my story of how stress cause me to crash and burn out in the late 90's. They would have cheered as I find a new career path and a more contented lifestyle. Viewers would still say, "wow, she seems to be so nice, too bad she has that lazy streak and those eccentric hermit lady qualities going for her."
    sounds like a great show either way, send this in to PBS and see if they will do it. I think most people's college years would make good TV because that is when you do get into stupid messes because you A) Don't think things through and B) are surrounded by people who are also doing A. I think my college years would also make great TV but I would have to make sure my mother and my childern don't watch it.

but a show of my life now would clearly find me as a background person to my kids....today's pitch for buying a pony filled my in basket...do you have any idea how many online ads there are for horses for sale???
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    I think most people's college years would make good TV because that is when you do get into stupid messes because you A) Don't think things through and B) are surrounded by people who are also doing A. I think my college years would also make great TV but I would have to make sure my mother and my childern don't watch it.

i was fortunate to start college at 22, and thru grad school- didnt finish until i was 28... and jammed in between is a whole lot of material worthy of a series- definately not for my family's eyes!!
    Thank God i am just a shell of my former self...

FORT Fogey
    "hm... wait.. is she that one in class who always gets A's? You know, the blonde one that sits quietly. Yeah, yeah I know her. I don't know much about her though. "

And then my good friends would say, "Dang, shes hecka smart. And she hates partying. I dont know why though, its like so much fun! No seriously though, she doesn't go to the dances much. Oh well! She always has her homework in on time. Um, she sure knows a lot, like she always knows the word I'm thinking of. Oh and she helps me with my math homework."

As you can see, I am quite the and no one would ever want to make a TV show of me.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora's Box
    Okie dokie, 20 years ago people would be saying :

"Oh she's pretty, but she's a fruit loop, kind of naive. Still, she's fun when she has a few drinks.

Did you see her tell off the jerk at so-and-so's party? Man, that was a rant straight out of hell. People cheered when she finished saying what everyone else has been dying to say.

She's a clutz!"

In the here and now, they would say :

"How many times a year does she change her hair color? 7 or 8? Guess that's what happens when your looks fade; you have to fiddle with your hair more.

Wow, she loves her cats but spoils them rotten. They own her don't they? Yea, those fur babies have her trained right! (the cats alone would make a great reality show)

Don't you think she is on the obsessive compulsive side? Sort of a control freak too. Just how many times did she check the door to make sure it was locked... and the coffee pot to see if it's turned it off? I lost count around 11.

Wow, she's a curious sort and totally mesmerized by boxes..what a collection she has. What's up with that? And if that's not enough, how about the way she tells her husband he'd better fly right or she'll open up that god awful box and unleash chaos and strife on him.

Funny thing, no matter how bad things get, she always has hope and that's a good thing. Too bad she's still a clutz.

She's a friggin' psycho, I tell ya. Be afraid, very afraid."

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard. I've been saying for years how my house has been bugged - now there's proof - that is my life. And thanks for changing a couple of details and leaving out names. Now, what did I do with those cats?

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard. I've been saying for years how my house has been bugged - now there's proof - that is my life. And thanks for changing a couple of details and leaving out names. Now, what did I do with those cats?
    Now that's scary..to think there's two of us leading that life. Kind of comforting for me, but scary to other people.

Gotta go, my cats are demanding their midnight treats a bit early tonight.

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    "hm... wait.. is she that one in class who always gets A's? You know, the blonde one that sits quietly. Yeah, yeah I know her. I don't know much about her though. "

And then my good friends would say, "Dang, shes hecka smart. And she hates partying. I dont know why though, its like so much fun! No seriously though, she doesn't go to the dances much. Oh well! She always has her homework in on time. Um, she sure knows a lot, like she always knows the word I'm thinking of. Oh and she helps me with my math homework."

As you can see, I am quite the and no one would ever want to make a TV show of me.

Well, don't be too sure that they wouldn't make a tv show about a young brainy but successful person...remember the show, "Doogie Howser, MD"?

For those who are too young to have seen the show, see the link

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...et/showid-171/

You might be the next big star!

They'd say about me, "Man, that guy is always on the net!!"

First they would be saying "Ohh, she has such a cute accent and those kids are soo adorable."

Then the following week they would be saying "Those kids are out of control and so is the rest of the house, I don't get her. Europeans are strange [blurred scenes daily featuring all family members around the house]."

Then the following week there would start to appear hateful threads on FORT about the reality TV show I am (in), and those threads would feature yours truly. They would go about subjects like "the worst behaving kids I have ever seen", "can you believe that mess", "they just do not respect each other at all, such potty mouths" and so forth. Oh, and of course "she sure used some weird colors in her house."

I am sure it would be a hit
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Leo
    Premium Member
    They'd say, "Why are we wasting so much money trying to cover this boring guy's life?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast