+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Picture is Worth a 1000 Words...

A Picture is Worth a 1000 Words...

*Heavy Bandwith Alert*

I've decided to start a new thread for people to post all sorts of pictures/photos they either found on the net or created themselves. The subjects can be as diverse and as creative as therapeutic landscapes (or other nature shots), provocative photo essays, gustatory cuisine, humorous comics, political cartoons, character-filled portraits of either people or animals...ANYTHING that made the poster go "Yum!", "Awww...", "Haha! ", or "Hmmm...*strikes The Thinker pose*"

But, please - the pictures must be in good taste. So, nothing gross, vulgar, or overtly explicit. (Oh, and no pics of hot men/women please...you know where that belongs. )

Anyway, here's just a sampler ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    What The ... :

The World's Biggest Rabbit. Notice the juxtaposition between it and the regular-sized bunny the little gal's holding.

This is a French ad for the European equivalent of K-Y Jelly (a lubricant). It won the Gold Fig Leaf Award in advertising. Look carefully. Do you understand its subtlety?

Barbie, Eat Your Heart Out:

I CRAVE these dolls, called "Super Dollies" and made by the Japanese company Volks. They are for serious doll collectors, because the SD's eyeballs, hair limb joints, hands, feet and legs can all be detached, reassembled and rearranged into a multitude of life-like poses. Futhermore, you can actually apply *make-up* to every feature on their face, which explains why their expressions are so exquisite.

(Unfortunately, they also cost around $1,500 or so...*cries*)

Pretty, pretty Lolita...biglove

My fave!!

Food, Glorious Food!

Haagen Dazs Chocolate Fondue Feast...!!?! Isn't this the most PERFECT dessert?

Cont'd...

The World's Most Scenic Roads / I want to Take a Vacation! *whines*

Sakura! How I Love Thee!

Reminds me of Gatineau Park ... *misses Ottawa*

I ADORE "zhu lin" (bamboo woods), I adore them! There's just something so serene and poetic about a garden of bamboos...

*Gorgeous*.

Nice pics. , but I wonder if you should thumbnail them or something? I have a cable modem so it doesn't matter to me but not everyone does and some of those are pretty big.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

These are nice pics. I'm sure I'll find some pictures that I like. I have many art paintings saved around my computer, being an art nut. The fondue looks delicious.

Two more...

The dog that thinks like a cat:

The World's Cutest Puppy (its colouring looks suspiciously like a panda's ):

P.S. I hear you, brusch. But I don't know how to make thumbnails and have them linked so that they'd show up in their original size in another window.

All of these are from Engrish.com

Seen in a tokyo T Shirt Shop

I've seen this technique work on Dr. Phil's show

You mean we can be honest in advertising?

Now you can get your freak (on) for less than half off.

from a tamagotchi.... does flashing the toilet give me enough time?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    nausicaa, you've got the bestsest pictures.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I didn't quite like Nemo.

You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Oh I get the one about the lubricant... Where the pole is... Her... Thing... Is... XD I feel like a 10 year old. That dog/panda is adorable!

Headlines Today

Charla Found To Be The New Anti-Christ

After not sharing her take of the prize of Fox's Paradise Hotel, Charla was found to be the new spawn of Satan, officially over throwing the past queen... erm king... erm... it... Toni.

Our Christmas cards from last year had this pic:

We had all sorts of stories about how 'the boys' really like to sit around wearing bows. Not my best chop.

Has everyone visited worth1000 ?
    It's the bestest for altered images, great photography, witty text contests (OK, so I just won my first amateur text contest , so I'll brag).
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast