+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Things I like!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Parents who are good with their children - playful and loving. Makes it really nice to be around those ppl - and their children!
    Okay, pardon me while I break my arm patting myself on the back here, but I have to share this story. My wife and I took our son to an "emergency" clinic on Sunday - we thought he had pink-eye, as his eyes were getting red and one was swelling almost shut. I played with the little guy in the waiting room - showing him the fish tank, playing with the toys, etc, for about 25 minutes. When we left, the receptionist said to my wife "I just have to tell you that I've never seen a father play so well with his child in our waiting room - he's amazing." Sometimes I'm not sure I always do the right thing as a father, so it is really nice to get feedback like that once in a while.

Princess
    Wayner, it's really nice too when ppl tells you that they appreciate what you do (add to list!). I'd like to add too, that it's nice when parents are actually talking with their children in a nice way!

Sleeping with George W
    I am so glad to know that my list of likes well outnumbers my dislikes, because I cannot even come up with a short list of likes! My top likes are my hubby and son, my great friends and family, being anywhere near water, and really, just being alive!

That doesn't surprise me Wayner. Especially how you talk about your son and soon to be born daughter... you can't fake that kind of love.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Originally posted by Wayner
    As for my birthday, we'll have to have all the FORT folks fly into Denver for my 40th next September and you can bring my cake!
    Wow! 40! No Way! Wayner, you look like you just turned 30.

Kettle corn
    Cappucino
    Movies
    Family
    Photos
    Bubble baths
    Sleep
    Chat
    The ocean
    Children
    White roses
    starbursts
    skittles
    FORT

and much more!!!!!

Princess
    I must ask... so many ppl have mentioned "startbursts" - what is it?

I love hearing all the nice talk about everyone's kids.

I've seen Wayner with his little guy. He's a great dad.

I love coming home and having my two older ones come running over and say, "Boo!" to me. And my youngest always goes berserk with happiness when he sees me, too. He throws himself my way for a big hug, no matter whether he's in his mama's arms or just sitting on the floor. Kids always make you feel so important. Playing with them is so easy and so valuable for them. My kids love all the little games I make up for them. The only downside is they want to play them with my wife later, and she doesn't know what I did. She's taken to saying, "That's a Daddy game." which works pretty well because they get really disappointed if she does something "wrong."
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Candy, Modesty. Chewy, fruity candy. I love 'em, too.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I like Peppermint ice cream and you can only get it once a year
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread