+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Things I like!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I'm sure I'll leave something out, but here's a partial list, in no particular order:

- Watching my little boy grow up. Watching him sleep. Watching him play. The look on his face when we go somewhere new - the inquisitive expressions he has - soaking it all in, trying to figure everything out. All the little developmental steps he's making are a wonder to me. And the feeling I get when he smiles at me and says his first word - "Da-DEE!" is indescribable.

- Chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. (Okay, pretty much anything chocolate peanut butter, but that cake is my fav.)

- Discovering a group of folks on the web that are even more nutty about hockey than I am!

- Standing in a Colorado mountain lake fly fishing in the early morning, when the sun first comes over the peaks and lights up the mist on the water.

- Rooting for the San Jose Sharks.

- Wednesday night basketball with Paulie.

- The "good tired" I feel once camp is set up after a long day of backpacking.

- When I get a really solid block on someone's shot in basketball - it's better than scoring for me, and the only really "in-your-face" aspect of my personality.

- Being tall.

- Making my wife so happy that it brings tears to her eyes. (For her birthday last week, I gave her a big picture frame with 12 pictures of our son matted inside - one from each year of his life. That gave her happy tears.)

- Spending time with my family.

- Spending time alone.

- When the Red Wings lose.

- Mexican food.

- Watching snow fall.

- A nice cold, Fat Tire beer in a frosted mug.

- Laughing.

- Long, slow, sweet kisses.

- All the folks here at the FORT that have made me feel so welcome. I can't imagine how such a diverse group of people from so many different places and walks of life could come together and get along so famously. You folks are terrific.

Princess
    *sniff*... this is rapidly developing into the "things that makes me moved"-thread... Some things written here are just too sweet....

You got that right, Modesty. I'm going to have to post an even more in-depth list here before long.

Very nice sentiments, Wayner! Didn't realize your son was 12 years old already, though. Seems like just a few weeks ago, he turned one. And that shot-blocking thing? Glad you like it 'cause you're really good at it.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

- Chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. (Okay, pretty much anything chocolate peanut butter, but that cake is my fav.)
    Ewww gross.

And I like Reese peanut butter cups, but this is gross. Now I know what kind of birthday cake to bake you.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Originally posted by Paulie: Didn't realize your son was 12 years old already
    ! Okay, I think most of us here know I meant "months" not years. Besides, if he's 12 years old and just now saying "Da-DEE!" I think we've got some developmental issues to deal with!

Originally posted by Miss F: And I like Reese peanut butter cups, but this is gross. Now I know what kind of birthday cake to bake you.
    Oh, Miss F, you must try it! As for my birthday, we'll have to have all the FORT folks fly into Denver for my 40th next September and you can bring my cake!

Princess
    As for my birthday, we'll have to have all the FORT folks fly into Denver for my 40th next September
    Cool Wayner! Add that to the list of things I like - "partying with ppl I like"!

I like the idea of a FORT convention.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I do too, Paulie - but we might have trouble convincing Duckgirl to come to Denver during hockey season.

Hmm, things I like...Well, most of you know I'm a crotchety guy who doesn't like much, but here goes:

* Racing sailboats with a crew that works well together, and doesn't need to say anything. It's like an orchestrated ballet.

* Having someone do something unexpectedly nice, for no other reason than they felt like it.

* People who turn their stereos down BEFORE they turn into the neighborhood entrance.

* Kids who take the time to walk an extra 70 feet so they can go around the block, rather than cut through my yard and freak my dog out.

* When the producers of a reality show promise an "all new twist" and actually deliver.

Princess
    Another one:
    Parents who are good with their children - playful and loving. Makes it really nice to be around those ppl - and their children!

+ Reply to Thread