- My niece.
    - My family.
    - Blue Eyes.
    - Whites.
    - Beaches.
    - Travelling.
    - English Music.
    - Surfing the Internet

- Watching my daughters (ages 2 years old and 7 mos. old) react the way I would had i just won $1 million, when I walk in the front door coming home from work.

- Watching the sun come up, and the little critters come to life while sitting in the woods on a crisp fall morning.

- That nice warm euphoric feeling you get right after you drink about 2 beers quickly or a nice strong mixed drink.

- When my kids use me as a makeshift piece of playground equipment

- When .. (nope gotta stay PG-13)
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I like:

- Snow, rain, thunderstorms and just about any sort of inclement weather. I find it cozy and vastly underrated.

- The feeling of knowing that I've done everything I was supposed to get done on a given day. I really really really don't like it when I have things weighing on my mind, even if it's something minor like "buy stamps."

- When I wake up early and it's still dark out, my boyfriend is still sleeping, there's no noise on the street (which is very unusual here), and I can drink coffee and read the morning news...or the overnight posts here, which is actually more common. Bonus points if it's raining or snowing.

- When the house is clean. I can't stress this one enough. I get incredibly agitated when things are messy, and it has a significant impact on my mood.

- The smell of cinnamon. Also the smell of sandalwood, and the smell of pine.

- Whiskey. Cigarettes, too. Preferably together, although I should really try to give up the latter again. Maybe the former, too. Bah.

- Having flowers in my house. They don't have to be roses or orchids - they can be carnations for all I care - but I just like having them around. They're cheerful.

- Still getting a thrill from seeing the downtown skyline. I figured I'd eventually get blind to how cool it looks, but no. I get this big touristy-hick grin each time I see all the big buildings. Same with Wrigley Field.

- The noises and faces my boyfriend makes in his sleep. Unbelievably cute. Also, hearing him talk in his sleep is hilarious, and I never get tired of it.

- The fact that aforementioned boyfriend is completely silly and weird. Last night I wasn't feeling well, so he goes to the store to buy me medicine and comes back with medicine AND footie pajamas. Who does that? Well, he does, and it's cute.

I should probably stop, right? Yeah, okay. But there's more. Lots more.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG

- Whiskey. Cigarettes, too. Preferably together, although I should really try to give up the latter again. Maybe the former, too. Bah.

Why did you have to mention cigarettes? I haven't smoked for almost three years now and you never stop missing them.

Disclaimer:Kids, don't smoke! It's bad for you, its nasty, it's nearly impossible to quit, and you smell bad all the time.

Now, things I liked about cigarettes

1.Having a cigarette with my morning coffee (which I also gave up )
    2. Smoking while I'm drinking (just not the same now) especially, as Amanda said, with whiskey
    3. Smoking after sex (only other smokers or former smokers would understand)

But what I like better is knowing that I'm healthier and that my daughter will be healthier because she didn't grow up around my second-hand smoke. So I guess sometimes you give up something you like for something you like (or love) more
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    2. Smoking while I'm drinking (just not the same now) especially, as Amanda said, with whiskey
    I definitely have to ditto Amnda and SG. I quit about smoking regularly about 5 yrs ago and haven't had a cigarette at all for about 3 years. There are still times though, when I'm drinking and I'll just crave one. There was just something about smoking while you drink that just added to the whole thing. On the plus side, however, I always found that hangovers were just a slightly less painful when you hadn't smoked a pack of cigarettes while you where drinking.

BTW - Amanda, what are you talking about in the last part of your comment above? Whiskey and quit in the same thought. Just doesn't make sense. Quite honestly, it makes me scared
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Booze is good. God created plants, and plants give us booze. Therefore, booze is sacred. So drink, my children, drink!
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    ]

Now, things I liked about cigarettes

1.Having a cigarette with my morning coffee (which I also gave up )
    3. Smoking after sex (only other smokers or former smokers would understand)

My morning cigarette-and-coffee are among my favorite things. That's part of the reason I find it so hard to quit; because I LIKE smoking.... (I know, I know, I won't like lung cancer....)
    And I think if I quit smoking I'd have to not drink for a long time, because I so connect the two. And I don't think I'll ever be one of those lucky people who can just smoke when they drink and then not think about cigarettes for weeks...

(Edited to add: i don't have kids, so all I'm hurting is me...)
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

All of the great posts here at FORT. At least three or four posts make me laugh out loud every day
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I like this thread....

Okay Things I like....

1. Going to work and seeing my best and dearest friends are on as well and we are working together.

2. Rainy days when Im off of work.

3. Smell of baking cookies

4. Happy songs/Silly songs

5. My dogs

6. My funny hubby, he is the funniest man I know.

7. When My hubby gives me a massage and I dont have to give him one back.

8. The Fort!

9. A brand-spanking new US Weekly in the mailbox.

10. Old movies and books about the Golden age of Hollywood.

11. Manolo Blahnik shoes

12. Nice fresh Frette Sheets when you just slip into bed...

Okay...I'll stop....
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

FORT Fogey
    Things I like
    -soccer
    -sports in general
    -baking
    -eating

One thing I dont like
    -Smoking... sorry, but I've been too well educated on the harmfulness of them. Please quit people! I don't want y'all to die of lung cancer

+ Reply to Thread