+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you get addicted?

Do you get addicted?

I'm just curious, are you the type that gets addicted to stuff (anything)?

I've never really been addicted to anything in my life, that I can think of...

I smoke, but only about once a week, and can easily go a month without picking up a cigarette.

I drink, but only once in a while, and never miss it.

I drink a lot of Pepsi, but if I don't have any, water's just fine.

I guess the internet is the only thing I might truly call an addiction, and even that I can deal without having if I have to.

i think i have an addictive personality, but the control freak in me makes me stop doing things to which i will become easily addicted... drugs, alcohol, men...

then again... i DO really like xanax right now.

Mt. Dew that's my only addiction.....

sher, the doctor gave me a prescription for xanax to help me sleep, that stuff knocks me out for a whole day.
    ~There is no greater gift than the gift of life. Become a donor today!~

Sleeping with George W
    addict = me

Seriously, I have to be ultra careful about anything I get involved in!

Like Sher I have a personality that can get hooked on stuff. The only thing I have not been able to shake is food. It is really hard to quit cold turkey(which reminds me of my lunch). Food is readily available on every street corner...out in the open and encouraged highly in commercials for all age groups. It is hard to get away from food. The one thing that I must have to live is the very thing that is killing me.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I also have an addictive personality and I'm the same as Feif. Food's a big one. I have really crappy eating habits, but luckily I'm just as likely to forget to eat for a couple days.

I don't do drugs and drink very, very rarely for that reason.

Things go in cycles with me. I do almost nothing in moderation.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

mommad,
    i have to be careful with the xanax... it definitely has a nice way of making you feel fine.

i take a couple at night if i'm feeling extra stressed, but with the mg of my scrip, 1 doesn't knock me out.

I have an addictive personality, and I come from a long line of people with destructive addictions. All four of my grandparents died from alcoholism-related problems, two of them before I was even born. And I have an uncle who fried his brain on drugs.

Needless to say (or maybe it is needful?), I stayed away from alcohol and drugs as a kid. I do find that I latch on to things that I like, regardless of whether they're healthy for me.

Current addictions? Mostly the Internet, I guess. And...you know. But that's a healthy addiction, right?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Sher what's your prescription Mg?
    ~There is no greater gift than the gift of life. Become a donor today!~

agentcarver
    Bouillon and Cats... We've adopted one every third week of November for the past 3 years... And it seems we're on track for a fourth... That's our Limit, though. (Well... There ARE 4 humans in the house, you know)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast