+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Do you get addicted?

hmm....i sometimes get addicted to cherry coke lol

but i dont consider myself a real addictive person....i function just fine without it....never got addicted to cigarettes or coffee or anything like that

For me it's coffee and cigarettes. I don't even want to imagine a day without them. One of these days I really do want to quit smoking, but it never seems to be a good time. There's always the stress of work, or my night class, or just life in general. As for coffee, well I don't think anyone would want me to stop drinking that! I'm just a bear before my first cup o'java of the day!
    "I'm very tired of thinking. It doesn't seem to help very much."
    -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

FORT Fogey
    **BUMPS THREAD**

Today's the 19th anniversary of when I gave up drinking.

What a huge difference it's made -- I can't believe I'm even the same person.

For me, at least, life's a lot better without that in it.

Aww good for you Pom! Congratulations on your anniversary. You should be very proud.

I am the daughter of an alcoholic, drug addicted parent. My dad went through rehab in 1987, today at age 63, he drinks again and I suspect still hits the weed (but is pretty good at hiding it). Anyway, it has been very important to me in my life to stay away from drugs and alcohol, because I believe that genetics play at least a small role in alcoholism. I drink maybe a few times a year, and have never smoked. My addiction is shopping. I am not bad enough to be featured on an episode of Oprah, but I could use a bit more discipline in the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    **BUMPS THREAD**

Way to go Pom!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    **BUMPS THREAD**

Oh Pom, that's wonderful. Congratulations.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Good going, Pom. As the child of an alcoholic who was eventually killed by her addiction, I know how tough it is, both the addiction and the redemption.

I am three weeks away from my first anniversary as a non-smoker, (32 years as a smoker) whereupon I will have to rid myself of my current addiction to Nicorettes. I've bought myself a treadmill and I'm hoping that and Trident will see me through. The last time I quit, assorted baked goods saw me through and I gained the equivalent of an entire other human being.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Good luck to you Rattus - and congratulations on giving up the smokes. And the treadmill is a great idea. My mom quit cold turkey after a heart attack - 2 years ago. She has put on a lot of weight, and the doctors tell her they would rather she were overweight than a smoker.

Congratulations Pom, that is quite an achievement.
    Way to go Rattus. My husband is a smoker and I know how hard it is to quit and not start up again.

In answer to the question posed by the thread title: Oh, hell yeah. I have one of the most addictive personalities I know. Everyone I've ever dated also have addictive personalities. Let's hear it for dysfunction!
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread