+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Do you get addicted?

FORT Fogey
    I think I'm addicted to mints and gum. After EVERY meal, I have to have some type of mint. I just hate the taste of food in my mouth. They also seem to calm my stomach.

See, I must have the smallest stomach ever because I just don't eat very much in general. It's not like I'm not getting enough nutrients and whatnot, I always feel good and healthy and I don't get tired. I just get full very easily. However, I lost like 15 pounds last year when field hockey started and when you're only 110 pounds at 5'8" to start off with, that's not good. I gained it all back by eating a lot of Ensure every day and now I have to keep my weight here. I have to eat until I'm terribly full, but I have a fear of throwing up and that doesn't mesh well. I would eat a ton of mints after lunch so I could eat my fill without wanting to barf. So that's how I started my addiction. And now I can't stop. Even after a little snack, I still have to have my mint. At least they're sugar free mints

Quote Originally Posted by mommad
    omg sher, Mine are 1mg
    Oooh you got the good stuff!

I have an addictive personality,but luckily the control freak part of me keeps it in check. I am a libra after all.....

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    I'm addicted to shopping. It's really really pathetic. I get such a high when I buy stuff.
    That's just called "being a woman".
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

I guess I'm in the minority then - I hate shopping (I do most of my shopping online)

I have a very addictive personality. I've gotten over the worst/most expensive of my bad habits. Going on 9 years now
    I do smoke, but continually quit (Ok, for like a day ). Drink some, but not much, and never to excess. :nono
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    I have a very addictive personality. I've gotten over the worst/most expensive of my bad habits. Going on 9 years now
    Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    I guess I'm in the minority then - I hate shopping (I do most of my shopping online)
    Me too. Thought I was the only woman in the world who hates to shop. My husband buys most of my clothes (he has GREAT taste)(in clothes, too. ), so for Xmas, b'days, etc., he always gets me whole outfits, including accessories. He's very masculine, too, so salesgirls just love him. I hate the time it takes, the trying on, basically everything about shopping. I couldn't be bothered. :phhht
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I can get addictied to anything, and fast, but I'm hyper aware of it, so I limit how many drinks I have a week, how many cigarettes per day, how many cups of coffee and caffeine soft drinks etc, allow myself to gamble once a year. A few years ago my Doctor prescribed a 'non-addictive' sedative, cut to 1 year later and I'm going through withdrawal and my skin is crawling and he's still insisting that I can't possibly be addicted, but now they know better. Beware of Zopiclone or Imovane.

I have one more addiction I forgot to mention. The Snooze button. I have to set my alarm for at least an hour before I have to get up so that I can hit the snooze button.

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    I am addicted to peanut butter (my favorite daily snack) and mildly addicted to caffeine, but I think both are finally beginning to affect my digestive system a bit. I am trying to limit my consumption to a more moderate level.

I have in the past been a bit compulsive/overboard when bargain shopping, but I think that problem has been corrected.

I don't think I would have made a good drug addict or alcoholic even though I might have a genetic predisposition to that. I don't like the hung over, groggy headed, and rapid heart rate feel that some medicines or alcohol can cause, so I don't get too tempted to take those for fun.
    Just take a breath and relax...everything's going to be just fine...

I can't do anything in moderation, which may be the same as having an addictive personality.
    Came close to being a coke addict in the '80s, but thank God I didn't earn enough to support the habit.
    Absolute food addict.
    Smoked for 30 years.
    I play computer games to excess.
    I surf the Internet to excess.
    And, duh, I watch way too much reality TV.
    The only vice that doesn't tempt me is alcohol. Lucked out with that one.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread