+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Do you get addicted?

Like blond I'm a creature of habit and routine. I don't have an addictive personality I've never done drugs and gambling is a bore, I went through my love of alcohol phase before I we decided to have a baby and I've never looked back. My only stumbling block seems to be food. I'm a stress eater, a bored eater, a happy eater. :rolleyes Too bad I wasn't a compulsive exerciser instead
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Ooooo Dux, I am with ya on that. Why can i not be addicted to stomach crunches instead of Nestle' crunches?
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I definitely have an addictive gene. When I was a little girl, if I did something that made my dad laugh, I would do it again, and again, and again, until finally he would say, "don't you know when to quit?" That speaks volumes to me now. I smoked when I was younger--even knowing my dad died at 43 of a heart attack (he was a smoker) didn't phase me until one day at 25 I thought ok enough. Booze was also getting out of hand, so quit that, too, about 10 years ago. Now I'm not any fun to be around at all.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Argh, I'm addicted to the internet. Whenever I'm feeling down, the internet makes me feel great again. I guess it's sort of like my therapy, along with music. The internet is truly the only thing I can't go without, at this point in time anyway.
    Gustav Holst was right!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I'm addicted to shopping. It's really really pathetic. I get such a high when I buy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    I'm addicted to shopping. It's really really pathetic. I get such a high when I buy stuff.
    That's my addiction too!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Wow - the recovery percentage in this thread is amazing. Congrats to everyone.

I have biggest addiction gene known to man. I was deep, deep into cocaine, but beat that, and never looked back. (but that was in the 80s, so I'm not so sure that counts) I used to be addicted to tv until I got this machine stuck on my lap so my addiction swings back and forth between internet and tv. Practically everyone in my family smokes and most are heavy drinkers. How I missed out on that, I don't know. I only drink when I go out clubbin' and I've never smoked a cigarette in my life. My biggest addiction are my babies, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    My biggest addiction are my babies, of course.
    What a wonderful addiction to have. Your children are very lucky to have someone who thinks of them like that. That is so sweet.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    Me too DVM. when I start shopping, I just don't want to stop! The good thing is that I am really particular and won't buy just for the sake of buying. I have to keep looking until I find just that perfect thing.

Overall, I think I am more addicted to habits and processes. I don't smoke, BUT when I make my annual trip to see my best friend, I will have a few. I need to have a lette every day from Peet's, made a specific way, but I couldn't care less if it were decaf or regular, I just like the routine.

I will admit that I am addicted to checking in at FORT whenever I am on the computer.

Another addictive personality right here. I do think I have a genetic predisposition toward addiction -- I have several cousins who've had drug issues. My main addiction is cigarettes, and between recognizing that and remembering my cousins' problems, when cocaine finally crossed my path I stayed clear of it, fearing I'd probably get hooked. I'm probably addicted to shopping, but I usually only buy things on sale so I'm in denial on that one. And I love my morning coffee, but that's usually it for me and caffeine, I don't keep soda or anything in the house.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread